You are using an out of date browser [Xenforo.com]

That's because it is out of date.

Latest version is Internet Explorer 10 (10.0.9, to be exact).

If its coming from a website, its most likely JavaScript. If the browser is telling you, its browser dependent.

Actually built into the software:
Code:
                        <!--[if lt IE 8]>
                            <p class="importantMessage">{xen:phrase you_are_using_out_of_date_browser_upgrade}</p>
                        <![endif]-->

Its only going to show for IE < 8.
It would be nice to show this for other very outdated browsers as well.

PHP:
                        <!--[if lt IE 10]>
                            <p class="importantMessage">{xen:phrase you_are_using_out_of_date_browser_upgrade}</p>
                        <![endif]-->

^ I long ago changed mine to this.

That's easy....

PHP:
                        <!--[if IE]>
                        <![endif]-->

Now THAT looks like some great code there!

On topic though:

It's from Xenforo.com.
Is there a message for old Chromes ? Firefox ? Opera ?

Edit: Title changed.

If there's a message for IE, I'd assume there is also one for every other major browser running an older version past a certain specified point. So yeah, there probably is.

I don't know about Safari, but Chrome, Firefox and Opera either auto update, or inform you about an update when they open. So a message like that would likely never be seen. (Chrome updates in the background, so you never even know you have up update unless you relaunch and something new is apparent. It also doesn't give you the option of turning it off.) It's far less likely for someone to be running an older version of the free browsers.

The code in XenForo only displays for IE < 8 (the minimum version of IE that XenForo supports).

It can be added that the phrase you_are_using_out_of_date_browser_upgrade redirects to chrome page. If someone prefers to advice another browser, just edit this phrase.

Top Bottom