1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Yet Another Redirection Question, Please Help!

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by yavuz, Nov 17, 2013.

1. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I have another board that I needed to upgrade to 1.2 but this one was a bit different. It uses Wordpress All things are finished except redirections.

Before it all wordpress was in subforum /gebelik and wordpress in root now the roles have changed. XF is in /forum and Wordpress in root!

Can you please post me htaccess code that redirects all old wordpress and Xenforo url's to their new locations?

Thank you.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

There are som many articles on this it's ridicilous I couldn't find one that solves my problem.
  3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I have it working partially.

RedirectMatch 301 ^/(threads|forums|media|members|useralbums|chat)/(.*)$ /forum/$1/$2
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/gebelik/$ http://sitename.com/
    The first one works (for Xenforo) but the wordpress redirection (gebelik) doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
  4. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm talking to myself let me put a end to this:

I found a solution by creating the /gebelik folder and put a .htaccess file with the following line:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L]
    Thanks everybody, you've been a great help.
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your second redirect requires it to end and start with the directory. Anything else will not match.
  6. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

What would you suggest? I didn't get much help with what I read this was the only way I could get it to work.
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it works, I would leave it. I'm not a redirect wizard to really tell you.
    yavuz likes this.