Year in Review - statistics and/or add-on?

Mouth

Is there an add-on to get a Year In Review statistics? Eg. Number of posts, number of registrations, highest poster, etc.

I'm wanting to put together a 2021 Year in Review, that gives all sorts of interesting stats about your site activity and engagement.

If no existing add-on? I'll look to put together some SQL to get the appropriate interesting information.

For brainstorming purposes, what sort of yearly stats would want to see about your site, to share with members.

Here is (was?) an interesting add-on: https://eaeaddons.com/resources/history.8/

But as I can see this add-on was deleted: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/eae-add-ons-history-deleted.176464/

The developer (@Lawrence) is not very active, but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, interesting idea.

what sort of yearly stats would want to see about your site
How many threads, posts, resources, media, and members in a year, year comparison, major upgrades (software or visual), when something interesting was added, etc. Ofc, some of these stats must be manually added.

Open up the raw data in statistics for the time period you are interested in and copy it to a spreadsheet. Apply appropriate functions, make charts, etc. to your heart's content. That's what I have been doing in recent years. Excel would be the obvious choice but I have been using Google Sheets with success.

As you and @BassMan suggest, use SQL to get the data if the data XF supplies is not enough.

Is there an add-on to get a Year In Review statistics? Eg. Number of posts, number of registrations, highest poster, etc.

I'm wanting to put together a 2021 Year in Review, that gives all sorts of interesting stats about your site activity and engagement.

If no existing add-on? I'll look to put together some SQL to get the appropriate interesting information.

For brainstorming purposes, what sort of yearly stats would want to see about your site, to share with members.
Funny you bring this up - I just received an email like this from an Internet Brands-owned forum.

That tool is nice, but what I'm talking about is taking that a step further (or a few steps further) and creating an addon that displays the top stats from the forum from the past year (overall registrations, # of posts for the year, # of threads posted, images posted, top 10 posters for the year, top threads, members with the most reactions, and a few other stats) and display all that on a page in the forum and create an email template that can be sent with that data. Maybe the page displays a running total for the year, with all the previous year's stats displayed below that.

The cool thing about the email I received is that it showed the stats for member the email was going to - "your stats for the year". How many posts you submitted, threads you created, and likes you gave out, which is pretty cool. You could expand on that and include attachments posted, likes you received, and other data too. It then had all the stats from the forum overall below that. Which was also very cool.

Again, I'd chip in to get something like this created. I think it's a nice thing to have for the forum.

Top Bottom