[XTR] Today in History

[XTR] Today in History [Paid] 1.0.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)

XDinc

XDinc submitted a new resource:

[XTR] Today in History - This add-on allows you to enter historical events and display them via the included widget and page.

This add-on allows you to enter and manage different kinds of historical events that you then display in via a Today in History widgets or History page.

View attachment 233686

View attachment 233687

View attachment 233688

Optionally you can create event types and assign a type to an event. Events can then be shown and filtered by event type in both the administration screen, widget and adding event.

View attachment 233689

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Very nice add-on, but the price is a little bit too high.
Thank you for your feedback.
I respect your opinion. But it is not a simple product and it has the labor to deserve this fee.
If we have any sale or coupon day, I inform you.

I am highly interested in this addon, although I haven't upgraded to XF2.2 yet.

I also agree that the price is high, but we'll see how the support will go. I am not impressed with the support you are offering for your other addons, so it is difficult to commit to such an addon. Especially there is another "Today in History" addon and that developer sadly abandoned his addon without any message. I don't want to be in the same place again.

Feature suggestions:

1) Import/Export option
2) Calendar view to see all entries
3) Minimalistic/list view for widget and history page (maybe it is already possible)
4) Allow us to use "unknown / ?" for year, month, day
5) Allow us to add our own links for each entry. When people click on the entry, they are directed to that link and not to the history page or somewhere else.
6) Approval queue / moderated for submitted entries.
7) Tie it to the custom thread fields system

I also agree that the price is high, but we'll see how the support will go. I am not impressed with the support you are offering for your other addons, so it is difficult to commit to such an addon. Especially there is another "Today in History" addon and that developer sadly abandoned his addon without any message. I don't want to be in the same place again.

Feature suggestions:

1) Import/Export option
3) Minimalistic/list view for widget and history page (maybe it is already possible)
5) Allow us to add our own links for each entry. When people click on the entry, they are directed to that link and not to the history page or somewhere else.

Being prejudiced sometimes hurts me! But I guess I should get used to these comments. (The customer is always right - because I am also a customer ;) )
The support problem you are having is sad but I think you can give it one more chance. (For the other one)

Also thank you for your suggestions, I'll add some in the next version. (As soon as possible.)
As you said, we'll see how the support will go!
Stay safe.

Reactions: sbj
This looks really neat, the automation alone makes this worth it to me, but I already have my own “manual system” of threads for “today in history”...

If I buy this add-on, can I just hook in my existing threads and content, and set the category & dates? It doesn’t look like it.

It looks like I would need to recreate everything from scratch again, and that’s not what I want to do...

But I do like this concept. I hope it becomes more flexible! Nice work.

Looks good, i have the other 'Today in history' addon, but you cannot add HTML or even BB CODE to the entries. For the below i would like to add a link to a different thread/person, i guess possible with this one? I also have to put an entry in for each person, but ideally i would be able to put the list of names under 1 date, such as 3rd September..
Cheers, Craig
1599145031402.webp

Looks good, i have the other 'Today in history' addon, but you cannot add HTML or even BB CODE to the entries. For the below i would like to add a link to a different thread/person, i guess possible with this one? I also have to put an entry in for each person, but ideally i would be able to put the list of names under 1 date, such as 3rd September..
Cheers, Craig
View attachment 234159

Hello,
@Craigr Thank you for your questions and nice comment.
You can use the HTML or even BB CODE to the entries any content or messages. (Historical Event Content)
But you cannot change or redirect Historical event title URL.

1599158575695.png

Result as below;

1599158943509.png

Someone had asked for an import - export option! (y)
@sbj your suggestions are in implementation progress. (Some of them have been completed.)

1599159249345.png

Cheers, Craig
View attachment 234159

@Craigr , add a link option will be possible next release ;)
Thank you for the nice feedback!

1599507132369.webp

Feature suggestions:

1) Import/Export option

Seeing this list, I want to hide. :ROFLMAO:
I have to say that all of these feedbacks are very valuable and I will do my best.
Products develop and become indispensable by new ideas or suggestions. I will try to add all these options by one by in certain time intervals.

I hope it will be more successful and user friendly with this nice feedback.
Cheers, XDinc

We had some discussion, I believe the next update will be huge and make it a really well-rounded package. Can't wait to be able to upgrade to XF 2.2 .

XDinc updated [XTR] Today in History with a new update entry:

1.0.1 - Changelog

Whats's new on 1.0.1
  • Added Import/Export option
  • Added Historical Event Custom URL (If enabled, you have an option to enter a URL where the historical event details will be shown. Example: Like as thread URL.)
  • Added Approval permission (Approval queue / moderated for submitted entries.)
  • Added Historical event alert recipients. (A list of users to receive a awaiting approval historical event report via notification.)
  • Added Historical event fields (Like as thread...

Read the rest of this update entry...

XDinc updated [XTR] Today in History with a new update entry:

Changelog 1.0.2

What's new on 1.0.2
  • Index page structure has been change with the new structure.
  • Comment macros has been renewed.
  • Approving action has been renewed.
  • Style properties updated.

1.0.2 Change log
  • Add-on templates updated.
  • Json (.js) files have been removed.
  • Requires php 7.2.0+
  • Supports only XF2.2+
  • In this release some of modifications / optimizations has been applied.
Index page new layout like as below...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom