XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

XLink Version 1.0.2 released!

Changes:
  • The XLink admin navigation entry has been moved.
Bugs fixed:
  • XLink now correctly sets page response codes.
  • Search tabs are no longer missing on the result page.
  • An API cache error has been resolved.
  • Cross-Origin mode and JS Wrapper are no longer active by default when upgrading.
  • JavaScript Wrapper and CORS Mode phrases have been moved to XLink.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ThemeHouse updated XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Patch Level 2 released!

Additions:
  • WordPress guest pages are now cached with the XF guest cache when using the XPress theme and guest page caching is configured.

Bugs fixed:
  • WordPress post titles with more than 150 characters no longer crash thread generation on post save.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent featured articles from showing on the front page.
  • Fixed an issue that could trigger a "Invalid parameters" error on certain WP API calls
  • The WordPress username...

Read the rest of this update entry...

We have an internal system for 1.5 but its not in distributed/product format and there are no plans to do so. Something we use on some custom client projects though.

And yes, current version works with 2.0, but a version we are nearing a release on is set for 2.1.
@Mike Creuzer :
Is posible to buy for xenforo 1.5? I need this version...

@Mike Creuzer :
Is posible to buy for xenforo 1.5? I need this version...
Its technically doable by us, but what we have is not in a clean distributable format. Apologies for that, we almost did plan to release it and maintain it for XenForo 1. We did so many of these jobs. It was not without its bugs though, and these are things we focused on when doing it for XenForo 2. In fact we just recently added some major caching improvements, I'm actually in love with the XF2 version more than I ever thought the XF1 would be capable of.

I undertand... but i still want the version for xf1 because i have a lot of addons not ported for xf2... so i cant update... please, let me know how much cost if it is posible privately... thanks you.

I'm interested in purchashing this, however I need to know if this would support other wordpress addons. If I add woocommerce to the wordpress side of my site will this also show up inside my xenforo theme?

I'm interested in purchashing this, however I need to know if this would support other wordpress addons. If I add woocommerce to the wordpress side of my site will this also show up inside my xenforo theme?
I too am still confused how this affects wordpress addons

Since version 1.1, the Wordpress theme of Xpress no longer shows the full author name (first name + last name) for articles but the nickname (or Xenforo name - im not sure). Is there an easy way to change this?

Since version 1.1, the Wordpress theme of Xpress no longer shows the full author name (first name + last name) for articles but the nickname (or Xenforo name - im not sure). Is there an easy way to change this?
You can disable the username sync in the platform settings.

News version problem generate user
Error :
src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php:83
Need the full stack trace to make any statement on that.

We ship partial styling support for WooCommerce. It won't show up anywhere on your XenForo pages or the XenForo navigation when using the XPress theme, but the shop is usable with the theme. Generally, we do not explicitly support WordPress plugins (as in constantly monitor them all), but we do our best to resolve incompatibilities, when they are brought to our attention.

You can disable the username sync in the platform settings.

I haven't checked "synchronize usernames" in the platform settings (only "avatars" and "about/bio") also usernames are lowercase letters so I feel it's rather an issue with the Wordpress theme using the user_nicename instead of the display_name ?

That's indeed the case. I've sorted that out for the next patch. If you want to fix it manually, you can replace user_nicename with display_name in line 24 in wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/inc/template-tags.php.

@Lukas W.

src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 83
ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->callAPI() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Account.php at line 95
ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Account->createRemoteAccount() in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XLink/Job/GenerateRemoteAccountsForPlatform.php at line 75
ThemeHouse\XLink\Job\GenerateRemoteAccountsForPlatform->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

That's indeed the case. I've sorted that out for the next patch. If you want to fix it manually, you can replace user_nicename with display_name in line 24 in wp-content/themes/wp-xpress-theme/inc/template-tags.php.

Thanks. We'll fix that with the upcoming patch.

(I apologize for not digging deeper into the comments, but 49 pages is a lot.)

I see this has single sign on capabilities, which is truly my only NEED. I have a couple of questions:

Right now I have a forum that has 170 members. I'm starting a WordPress site from scratch (no users). It appears to write over my XenForo Users to my WP users table, then from there sync the Users. Is there a bug I need to worry about in the short run? If the patch above addresses a bug, I'm OK to add that on my own.

I don't have any desire to show comments on my WP pages. Does this work with any (to your knowledge) WP theme, or do I have to use your XF theme?

A third question. I'm going to be using subscriptions for part of the WP site. I doubt it would bleed over into user permission on XF. Would there be a general conflict with user data a third party might add on that would keep users from being synced?

Really, I think my needs are User syncing, SSO and widgets from one to the other.

Last edited:
Its technically doable by us, but what we have is not in a clean distributable format. Apologies for that, we almost did plan to release it and maintain it for XenForo 1. We did so many of these jobs. It was not without its bugs though, and these are things we focused on when doing it for XenForo 2. In fact we just recently added some major caching improvements, I'm actually in love with the XF2 version more than I ever thought the XF1 would be capable of.

agreed

I have recently installed Xpress and had some problems, hopefully, now resolved. Upon installation does Xpress or Xlink import Wordpress users into the forum, I can't see anything in the doc about this. I'm very new to this software so I have much to learn :)

Pete

I have recently installed Xpress and had some problems, hopefully, now resolved. Upon installation does Xpress or Xlink import Wordpress users into the forum, I can't see anything in the doc about this. I'm very new to this software so I have much to learn :)

Pete
This has been a common situation such that I want to explore options to add this. Right now this is not supported.

This has been a common situation such that I want to explore options to add this. Right now this is not supported.

Ok, so luckily I don't have very many to add I manually, I assume I will have to do that via admin? If I register them using the normal register procedure its sure to duplicate them in Wordpress?

Top Bottom