XPress - A theme and bridge for bringing WordPress into XenForo [Deleted]

One more issue: If I try to permanently delete a post / comment for a topic that is also a WP article, I do get the following error message:

Exception: Es wurde keine Route gefunden, die mit der URL und der Request-Methode identisch ist. in src/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Traits/APICall.php at line 83
  1. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->callAPI() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/RemoteHandler/Entity.php at line 485
  2. ThemeHouse\XPress\RemoteHandler\Entity->deleteComment() insrc/addons/ThemeHouse/XPress/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 66
  3. ThemeHouse\XPress\XF\Entity\Post->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1580
  4. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php at line 95
  5. XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php at line 255
  6. XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  11. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  12. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

This is reported and I know lukas is working on a fix in the next patch.

Quick pre-sales question...on the demo site, I noticed if you click on a category (say, Design), the page that comes up shows the full articles instead of just the excerpts. Is there a way to change this?

all the front page is malfunctioning, this needs to be fixed quickly, is there any way to do downgrade ?

no featured articles appear and all others overlap each other, even above the copyright of the forum itself

I'd suggest to send a ticket on the Themehouse site, that's where you're in direct touch with the developers to help you out.

In this instance, are you using your own theme on WP? If it's the Xpress theme, make sure to install the most recent one. I would also always suggest to use a child theme so you're not touching the original files. Also you should never make an installation on your live website without testing everything on a testserver in advance.

Also other plugins might cause the issue. Did you disable them to see if it helps?

Will the next update fix this...?
kMYF3ej.png

all the front page is malfunctioning, this needs to be fixed quickly, is there any way to do downgrade ?

no featured articles appear and all others overlap each other, even above the copyright of the forum itself

Downgrading is not supported. We are fixing the front page with the next patch.

That means XenForo hasn't been able to establish a connection with WordPress. If you're running the latest version of the XPress plugin on WordPress, the most likely cause is that your servers own requests are getting proxied, for example through cloudflare.

A short term solution is to add the following line to your XenForos config.php:
Code:
$config['xpressAPIPassword'] = '<a strong password of your choice>';

and the following to your WordPress wp-config.php file:
Code:
define('XPRESS_API_PASSWORD', "<the same password as above>");

We do recommend to ensure both your installations are run over https, so the password cannot be read out by a man in the middle attack, as well as to regularly change it. Optimally you can whitelist your own server from the proxy so that it makes the request itself, rather than the proxy server making it.

I've edited the file /scr/XPress.php in the xPress WP plugin to allow support for custom taxonomies. Example; (I've edited more lines than only that one)
9YFxcJh.png

Could you please add support for custom taxonomies out of the box in the next releases?

I took the plunge this weekend and updated to 2.1 and the latest version of XPress.

I'm pleased to say I had no issues with any themehouse products which I rely quite heavily on.

Keep up the good work, i'm one very happy customer. :)

Good to hear. With only minor exceptions, I have a similar experience which is why I have shifted all of my 'non-custom' work to them for everything possible anyway. I feel good about them being around tomorrow or when the next XF upgrade comes and they are religiously good about getting back to your tickets by the next business day, you know, the mundane crap.

Besides, ThemeHouse is like the Dream Team of Xenforo developers. Pretty much all of them have gone by different names on this forum at some point.

Top Bottom