Style Xmas Styles - Have you started on them yet?

Shelley

Too Early? Probably not too early in starting to think about developing xmas styles for the festive season. So the question is, Will you be creating a xmas style for your site this year? or will you be updating an existing xmas themed style?

I'm just curious if any new ones will surface this year since I'm ready to start on a xmas style for my site once i finished adding the finishing touches to a new style I created.

Am I a terrible person to admit I never do Christmas stuff?:P

I dont even decorate or give greetings cards

As you know @Shelley I am currently working on a brand new christmas theme with template alterations, some graphical overlay's and some other features. I know I am FAR from a decent theme designer on here but this one I am really trying with and going through each and every aspect.

The only issue, that some on here may not like, is I am not going for the traditional green and red christmas look - I am trying for a different, nice, clean, yet still festive look.

As you know @Shelley I am currently working on a brand new christmas theme with template alterations, some graphical overlay's and some other features. I know I am FAR from a decent theme designer on here but this one I am really trying with and going through each and every aspect.

The only issue, that some on here may not like, is I am not going for the traditional green and red christmas look - I am trying for a different, nice, clean, yet still festive look.

Using traditional colours isn't necessarily a bad thing and I'm sure the style your working on will look great. Look forward in seeing what you come up with @MajesticMonkey. :)

How hard is it too modify a style to make it Christmassy? I've already got red and green colours (by default) so I just need to add some nice Xmas touches which can be changed back after or is it better to create a new child style?

How hard is it too modify a style to make it Christmassy? I've already got red and green colours (by default) so I just need to add some nice Xmas touches which can be changed back after or is it better to create a new child style?

Really up to you. Probably the child style would be the go if you wanted to make a lot of major changes.

If you are interested, I believe Shelley released some nice Christmas touches at her forum which could be added.

Really up to you. Probably the child style would be the go if you wanted to make a lot of major changes.

If you are interested, I believe Shelley released some nice Christmas touches at her forum which could be added.
Ok, I'll check her site out then - thanks.

Ok, I'll check her site out then - thanks.

My site is not open for registrations so it's unlikely you'll find much there since you won't be able to download. However, most (if not all) the enhancements have been posted here so your able to use those xmas enhancements by venturing into the resource Manager.

To answer your question. There are tons of quick and easy xmas visuals you can add to an existing style by using the helper spans (enhancements have been posted in the resource manager) that is about the quickest method to give existing styles a xmas touch. Adding elements to your logo for the xmas period is another quick method to use and then remove them after the festive season. You could also add in some snow on the node icons, use css selectors on the navigation which are quick and easy enhancements you can make and quick to remove.

here's a few screenshots to give you an example (all quick css edits) and all quick to remove.

Screenshot_23.webp

Screenshot_25.webp
Screenshot_24.webp Screenshot_26.webp

I'm working a simple xmas-new year style right now:

style.webp

Right now I'm trying to add more red and green color, but had no idea.

Any suggestion appreciated. :)

Thanks for the suggestions Shelley - that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for so I'll hit the RM and see if I can implement some of these edits onto my style.

@Shelley I know you said you don't do styles, because you don't want to support them.

Suggestion: Make a xmas style using these colours (I know it's early in the year) but i honestly think the colours would look great as a festive winter theme if you ever think of finding other uses for this. Excellent work.

^ But I'm reminded of this post and I really just want to say 1 thing....

PLEASE SHELLEY
:LOL:
For The Holidays

@Shelley I know you said you don't do styles, because you don't want to support them.

^ But I'm reminded of this post and I really just want to say 1 thing....

PLEASE SHELLEY
:LOL:
For The Holidays

I wont be releasing any styles here (anywhere for that matter). I don't need the hassle from people who would expect support, and they will. They would expect me to support 3rd party add-ons that I haven't got installed or intend to install. plus I'm not paying for add-ons just to support a style. I could list you a hundred reasons why I wouldn't release a style but you get the picture.

I like xenforo, I don't like it that much to release styles and get potential **** from people. I do enough supporting xenforo. :D #nevergoingtohappen #leavestylingtotheexperts #davidhaslehoffwouldstyleafestivetheme #themes

I wont be releasing any styles here (anywhere for that matter). I don't need the hassle from people who would expect support, and they will. They would expect me to support 3rd party add-ons that I haven't got installed or intend to install. plus I'm not paying for add-ons just to support a style. I could list you a hundred reasons why I wouldn't release a style but you get the picture.

I like xenforo, I don't like it that much to release styles and get potential **** from people. I do enough supporting xenforo. :D #nevergoingtohappen #leavestylingtotheexperts #davidhaslehoffwouldstyleafestivetheme #themes
I wouldn't want support... I just want my very own, special, Shelley theme for the holidays :love:

Top Bottom