1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xF's Ajax & Javascript OR Basic HTML

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by FirasD, Oct 22, 2011.

1. FirasD

FirasD New Member

Hi guys,

many of my forum members are complaining about a lot of problems at Submitting (threads,posts,profile updating...etc)

So... , is there any way to add to xF an options . e.g. :

XenForo Browsing Type = Setting

--Ajax & Javascript = Option 1

--Basic HTML = Option 2

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Have they considered using a modern operating system with a modern browser without 500 plugins?
    Sorry if that's rude, but it "is" 2012 almost, and win 98 with ie 6 just doesn't cut it anymore.

Any current OS with recent browser supports php/ajax/etc that helps modern technologies to work just fine.

Plus, if you turn off Javascript for example, XenForo works just fine in the core features.

Having the forum hosted on a server without high server load obviously helps prevent running into timeouts.
  3. FirasD

FirasD New Member

thanks Floris , 0 worries

i'm not just standing there
    i've sent to them hundreds of newsletters and have placed ads on the forum to make them upgrade their browsers , but it was all for nothing

is there any other opinions about the suggestion up there ?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

James Freeman likes this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved to the correct forum for support.

You will need to associate your forum account with your license to post in this forum and continue getting support.
    James Freeman likes this.