XF 2.1 XFRM Compatiblity with category save process for both 2.0 and 2.1

XFA

Hi guys,

In the XF 2.0 version of the RM, the category save process in admin had the following prototype:
PHP:
protected function categorySaveProcess(\XF\Entity\AbstractCategoryTree $category)

In the XF 2.1 version of the RM, it unfortunately changed to:
PHP:
protected function categorySaveProcess(\XFRM\Entity\Category $category)

So my add-on class extension obviously led to a warning: Declaration bla bla bla should be compatible with bla bla bla.

Do you guys have any idea of the best way to provide something compatible with both version of the RM without having to manage a XF 2.0 and a XF 2.1 version of my add-on ?

Thanks,
Clément

manage a XF 2.0 and a XF 2.1 version of my add-on ?
You do not need to do this.

There will be no further releases for XF 2.0 on our side (unless there are any security updates).

You should have a final version which is compatible with XF 2.0 then your subsequent versions should be compatible with XF 2.1 only.

You do not need to do this.

There will be no further releases for XF 2.0 on our side (unless there are any security updates).

You should have a final version which is compatible with XF 2.0 then your subsequent versions should be compatible with XF 2.1 only.

That was quick :)

Well you are right, I was trying to achieve that but now that I think about it it doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom