xfPoints Free [Deleted]

Just because the token is saved in the database does not mean anything but I keep for validation purposes only.

I'm confused on why you need to save the token though, if it is only needed for validation purposes. The one xFrocks already uses validates against the license API and then allows you to continue if it passes, not saving the domain or token let alone both. What sort of encryption are you storing the data in to protect those that submit it in the event your database was ever compromised?

I'm confused on why you need to save the token though, if it is only needed for validation purposes. The one xFrocks already uses validates against the license API and then allows you to continue if it passes, not saving the domain or token let alone both. What sort of encryption are you storing the data in to protect those that submit it in the event your database was ever compromised?
I'm not encrypting my database, encryption is for my mods, that is completely separate, everyone is reading too much into my post.

When you validate you get a permanent token returned, that token is stored for a 24 hour validation. You may do it differently but I do it this way to prevent piracy of my mods. There is no method that can use the token to hack anyones account let alone their license. The license number is not returned when validating so your still safe. So my database can be compromised 100% but the information they gain will give no help in hacking accounts or even gaining access to the XenForo system.

So, just to get a clear understanding when I use the free xfPoints add-on to play with and eventually desire the premium version... would it upgrade without any conflicts or just do a manual install removing the prior free version?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am putting all work on hold until XF1.2 is released. I have a lot of changes that will improve performance and eliminate unnecessary calls with the new template system. As well xfPoints Free will have its last release at that time before no further updates will be provided unless XF releases new versions.

Can you award currency on registration and can the currency amount be modified in the acp?
Not sure how I missed these replies but the next release will award currency on registration.

So, just to get a clear understanding when I use the free xfPoints add-on to play with and eventually desire the premium version... would it upgrade without any conflicts or just do a manual install removing the prior free version?
Yes it will upgrade without any conflicts. The version numbering is different but the upgrade should work flawlessly.

Look for an update, the last and final as xFPoints will no longer be free except for the final release that I give.

Can an Admin give points to a user? Like perhaps giving points to a Premium Member or something?

I had this issue a while back and was hoping it was fixed but it's not. When creating a New User via ACP, I get this error:

The following error occurred:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE user_id = 7' at line 3
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in MyPoints/Model/Currency.php at line 215
  5. MyPoints_Model_Currency::updateUserPoints() in MyPoints/DataWriter/User.php at line 38
  6. MyPoints_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 481
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home5/eqaddict/public_html/testfiles/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
xfPoints 1.0.2 has been released. v1.1 will be released as soon as xfPoints premium is updated to v1.1

Unable to download due to improper permission setup on host website.
That is all fixed. Changing how my license validation works so it will rebuild the user cache.

FYI for anyone using the old version, you need to uninstall the old version before you install this version. Everything has changed so much that a new install is required unfortunately.

There is a known issue that I'm not sure if it is style related or just bad coding on my part. I will be conducting some tests and looking into it soon.

Your addon doesn't call the parent postSave method(and breaks xf and all other addon behaviour), if the option "Amount for Registering" is set to 0 because you call the parent method only if it's > 0

PHP:
protected function _postSave()
   {
   $options = XenForo_Application::get('options');

if ($options->xfpoints_currency_register > 0)
   {
     parent::_postSave();

Top Bottom