[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Google Page Speed notified that "Warning: Found more than two <link rel=preconnect> - connections. These should be used sparingly and only for the most important placements.

Google Page Speed notified that "Warning: Found more than two <link rel=preconnect> - connections. These should be used sparingly and only for the most important placements.
I haven't seen this so far, using on several large sites with multiple preconnects. Not sure if it's something they started listing more recently. With the addon being used on more heavy sites now with tons of stuff to prefetch, I'll look into whether these should be limited or set a max preconnect option.

Also. Google Speed is saying that this file is not minified:

"/porta/slider.js?_v=b3778812" (it's from XenPorta addon). Not sure why it isn't minified by XFOptimize?
Fixed in latest update for XenPorta Improvements, rather than in XFOptimize. I'm mentioning to Jaxel this should be fixed.

Edit: Sorry anyone who may have received an accidental mention in this thread while I was quoting replies.

Nulumia updated XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload with a new update entry:

UI.X Improvements, Bug Fixes, Huge Addon Compatibility Checks

Changelog
  • Fixed more issues which could likely cause unlogged last post timestamps to show a Xenforo phrase instead. This error is still being monitored for further reports.
  • Added an "Optimize" nav entry to the Admin left menu, below Setup -> Options
  • Added various URLs to the entry on the Admin -> Addons list, including Xenforo.com support thread, FAQ, etc
  • The addon will now require Xenforo 2.1.x+ to install
  • Slight performance improvement tweaks
  • Added numerous...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey everyone, a few notes on the latest patch:

1. Sadly, the scanning feature for [TH] Node's background images did not make it into this patch. The issue turned out to be more complicated than I thought, as TH uses a custom cache method to render the CSS templates containing these images. I'll need to grab these perfectly without doing any unnecessary database calls as that would lower performance, not help.

That being said the method won't stop the idea being applied to other areas in Xenforo which I mentioned earlier.

2. Also, there was a lot of addon testing put into this patch, and I've put one test site up to nearly 150 live addons with all minification options maxed out (including move/combine/minify script tags!) and not a single error. But, every site is different. Please continue to report any bugs.

I'm no longer finding any occurrance of the last post timestamps being broken. If you do, please PM me a list of your style/addons so I can try to replicate it.

3. I'd just like to kindly remind everyone two things regarding these patches! 😝
  • Not every update will affect all users - this is especially true with very specific requests to add support for X addon or style.
  • Not every update will "make your site get faster", so please don't be disappointed if you run to perform a new speed test and nothing's changed 🙂

Many thanks for this great update. 👏

As an UI.X2 user, it is great to see Backstretch images are now processed when the feature is enabled

<link rel="preload" data-from="uix-backstretch" as="image" type="image" href="/forum/styles/uix/banner/banner_1.webp">
<link rel="preload" data-from="uix-backstretch" as="image" type="image" href="/forum/styles/uix/banner/banner_2.webp">
<link rel="preload" data-from="uix-backstretch" as="image" type="image" href="/forum/styles/uix/banner/banner_3.webp">
<link rel="preload" data-from="uix-backstretch" as="image" type="image" href="/forum/styles/uix/banner/banner_4.webp">
<link rel="preload" data-from="uix-global" as="script" type="script" href="/forum/js/themehouse/global/20210125.js?_v=46bce92e">
Waiting to test the scanning feature for [TH] Node's background images, when it is ready (y)

As an UI.X2 user, it is great to see Backstretch images are now processed when the feature is enabled

Waiting to test the scanning feature for [TH] Node's background images, when it is ready (y)
Thanks for the mention :-), I am benchmarking things like this to measure where the threshold of preloading can sway against overall page rendering (when too many assets use it). This is also being weighed with the beta rollout of Cloudflare Early Hints, which requires preload directives to be declared anyway to use the feature.

With this last version, “HTML Minifier method“ with its all options enabled also work perfect at UI.X2 thema, great work 👍

That should be fixed in the new patch, many other users have seen it but it is fixed by disabling:
"Combine inline <script> tags"

This issue still not fixed with 1.0.1 Beta 6 without disabling: "Combine inline <script> tags" option.

Option page Phrases showing:

ScreenShot00459.png

Also not fixed Option page Phrases showing.

@Nulumia Please consider CloudFlare Images integration through API:
With CloudFlare Images, we can have optimized much smaller and faster loading images and greatly reduce our page loads. (thumbs, resized and full images)
Image heave pages, like portals, AMS index, UBS Index, Showcase Index, XFMG, would be much improved.

With CloudFlare Images, we can have optimized much smaller and faster loading images and greatly reduce our page loads. (thumbs, resized and full images)
Already happen to be working on this for a client, I'll share updates here for integration into the addon
Seems s9e Media Sites addon breaks (at least with Youtube embeds) enabling Combine inline <script> tags
I'll check that thanks.
Could the same be done for the XT Memeber map addon? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xt-membermap.8352/
Sure :-)

I would absolutely love to know which method/addon you're using to achieve your photography site (forum attachments, Media Gallery, another image addon?) so I can make sure or add support for it
I can PM you if interested. I'm using UIX style. But would like to improve the speed of my site.

Due to the overwhelming responsive and sales during the beta phase, as a thank you I'm offering existing license holders a coupon for adding additional licenses.

Coupon Code:
XFOADDITIONAL

With this code, you can pick up a second site license of XFOptimize at a discount during checkout (make sure to enter the code and hit "Save" to apply). The code will not work without having first purchased the addon.

This discount will run until Christmas, 12/25.

@Nulumia, I have jsut noticed that I started to get 5 warning as

<link rel=preload> has an unsupported type value

Not sure how important it is. So I want to share with you.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom