xFhost reviews?

Nimbus looks interesting but is expensive to usa customers. What does xenforo optimized hosting mean? Anything special? I thought the software was optimized from the start.

I always wondered this myself. Aside from running LiteSpeed, I haven't been able to think of anything.

You're right in that there isn't something magical or special they do that another host couldn't also do.

However it does imply they are used to handling XenForo based forums, so common issues / occurrences / optimizations for this software will be more quickly resolved.

Nimbus looks interesting but is expensive to usa customers. What does xenforo optimized hosting mean? Anything special? I thought the software was optimized from the start.

I'm moving my final server to Nimbus next week hopefully. I have been nothing short of impressed at the service they provide. After managing my own servers i've now moved all but 1 to Nimbus. At honestly its quite amazing how much time its freed up offloading the day to day maintenance to someone else, if I have an issue or something I want changed, fire an email off to the guys, and usually within the hour they have one sent back telling me its done.

Yes they are a tad more expensive than other offerings, but so far it seems more than worth it.

After managing my own servers i've now moved all but 1 to Nimbus. At honestly its quite amazing how much time its freed up offloading the day to day maintenance to someone else, if I have an issue or something I want changed, fire an email off to the guys, and usually within the hour they have one sent back telling me its done.
Guess I'm kinda "weird" as that is the aspect I enjoy most of the forum related tasks. :p

Guess I'm kinda "weird" as that is the aspect I enjoy most of the forum related tasks. :p

:) Same, but none the less, I cant fault Nimbus at all. As long as the service remains to the quality that it does, I don't imagine changing away from them will be anytime soon.

Yes they are a tad more expensive than other offerings, but so far it seems more than worth it.

I do not use Nimbus, but I use another host that offers "managed" service. I agree that the extra money is well worth the peace of mind! We do not have to worry about updates or security patches to any of the server software (PHP, Ubuntu, Apache, etc.), and they also have a handle on any type of intrusions. If any hardware fails, they replace it--immediately, quickly, and at no cost to us. Customer-installed software (XF, WordPress, anything else) is our own responsibility...but that's to be expected.

Prior to my taking over our big board (which was almost 10 years ago), we were on a cheaper service that our former admin used. Basically, they'd plug the server into the power and the Internet, boot it up, and..."Here you go." When the server and forum got hacked, it was offline for two days while he had to reconfigure everything, reinstall a lot of bits and pieces, and lose a few hours worth of forum content while restoring everything. All told, the forum was not back to normal for at least a week, if not more.

Just shows you that you can never rely on price alone for hosting! I've had a lot of offers to move in the past and, I'll admit, our hosting situation isn't perfect, but I've been there 17 years (joined them in January of 1997) and they've always watched our backs. I had our new dedicated server custom-configured and priced, and it's performing better than I though it would. Hopping hosts for the best price or a promise of good service is never a good tactic--once you've found one who manages your hardware and software and keeps you running smoothly, it's best to stick with it. Nimbus sounds like a good move!

Looks good.. bit laggie from the US.. think it's the amount of ads. Why Nimbus though? I thought you had racks of servers you owned and housed in London..

Too much time investment not enough profit, sold the lot to some start up company for what I purchased them for, given that server hardware devalues faster than butter in the sun, was a no brainer.

Top Bottom