XFCoder :: Latest XF Threads Widget for WordPress

XFCoder :: Latest XF Threads Widget for WordPress 1.0.4.1

No permission to download

gigipmc

gigipmc submitted a new resource:

Latest XF Threads Widget for WordPress - Shows your latest forum threads in a widget on your WordPress installation

The plugin allows you to create "Latest XenForo Threads" widgets on your WordPress installation.

Utilizes the XenForo API, which means that you can also fetch the latest threads of a remote website that isn't on your own server if you want to.​

Uses AJAX for loading the widget content, so as not to interfere with your page load performance.​

Widget options allow you to control exactly what information is being displayed.​

You can...​

Read more about this resource...

Any change this add-on can be extended so the widget is shown in the blocks-section used when you edit pages and stories? There as a widget section there too, among blocks available, but this widget is not listed there. Unfortunately, I cannot use it as it is, which is a pity.

In newer versions of WordPress, legacy widgets are not available by default in the post editor (reference). It is possible to enable the Legacy Widget Block in the post editor using additional code. I will try to add this as an option in the plugin and release a new version (hopefully within the next couple of days).

I looked into this. Unfortunately when embedding a widget as a 'legacy widget block' inside a post, there is no access to the widget options - WordPress only allows it to render with the defaults. Since this solution is far from optimal I cannot upgrade the widget to include it, however if you want I can send you the code.

Ideally legacy widgets should be rewritten to be 'blocks', but there is no functional advantage to this when widgets are used as intended (i.e. as widgets, rather than post embeds).

Last edited:
Thank You for plugin. How can i add widget manually in my Custom theme?

Whats the code?

<?php echo do_shortcode("[????????]"); ?>

This isn't available out of the box. I suppose you can try using this plugin for example, which should allow embedding widgets inside content using shortcodes. I haven't tested it though so I can't actually endorse it.

Any chance this add-on can be extended so the widget is shown in the blocks-section used when you edit pages and stories?

I found an easy way to do this. Use the following Wordpress plugin, which allows you to insert Widgets into pages and posts via shortcode:

Widgets on Pages

So far this is working great.

Last edited:
Also, the Ajax call was slowing down my site's loading time by approximately 1 second. I remedied this problem by setting up caching specifically for this page on Cloudflare.

Here is the Page Rule that I created in Cloudflare:
URL: [MY-DOMAIN]/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=xfcoder

Browser Cache TTL: an hour
Edge Cache TTL: 3 hours
Cache Level: Cache Everything

See here for more info:

The ajax call is executed asynchronously after the page loads so it cannot slow it down. You may be referring to the total time it takes for the page and then for the widget to load afterwards, in which case yes caching can be useful. It could also be that the plugin you mentioned is somehow rendering things differently.

You may be referring to the total time it takes for the page and then for the widget to load afterwards, in which case yes caching can be useful.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. With the caching enabled, the total load time for the page and then the widget is negligible.

This is almost exactly what I'm looking for with one exception -- is there a way to make this specific to a single forum? I would like to have three instances of the widget for three different forums.

The XF API doesn't allow filtering threads by forum (you can see the API reference for fetching threads here). It can be done by extending the core API classes to offer that functionality, i.e. with additional custom development (an add-on) on the XF side.

Hello, since the last update the latest theme updates no longer appear, only the new themes appear. Is this happening to anyone else?

I haven't touched anything, just updated the plugin recently from the blog.

Seems you are referring to a different plugin (you posted in the wrong thread)?
I don't understand your answer, I have this plugin installed and the widget in my WordPress that shows the latest themes and posts, they worked without problems, until recently, an update appeared and since then it only loads the themes widget:

Isn't this your plugin?

uPHbLJn.png

This plugin wasn't updated since January. Where did this update "appear"? Did you download it from this thread? And what "themes widget" are you referring to?

If by update you are referring to an update to your WordPress theme, then that update may have messed up your widget positions. You can recreate the widget in a relevant position and see if it shows up again.

Last edited:
This plugin wasn't updated since January. Where did this update "appear"? Did you download it from this thread? And what "themes widget" are you referring to?
This update appeared directly in wordpress along with the rest of the plugins I have, I only update as I usually do when the system notifies me that there are new updates.

I did the initial download of this thread, then I haven't touched anything else, I only update if there are notices of updates. I am attaching a screenshot so you understand what the problem is.

UwPxXVD.png

Was this an update of this specific plugin? That doesn't make sense since I haven't issued any updates.

If only other plugins were updated then they might have messed up your widget positions as mentioned earlier, or might have caused any number of other issues. You can try recreating the widget.

Was this an update of this specific plugin? That doesn't make sense since I haven't issued any updates.

If only other plugins were updated then they might have messed up your widget positions as mentioned earlier, or might have caused any number of other issues. You can try recreating the widget.
Well yes, it was an update of this specific plugin, although the version as you can see is still the same.

I already tried to regenerate the widget before posting in the thread, I've even been digging a bit looking for the problem,

I don't usually ask or report if I can solve it by myself first. And yes, it's strange that the update appeared, but I thought that you uploaded it to the wordpress repository and that's why it came out, but if you tell me that you don't know anything about that "update", I delete it immediately and reinstall it from 0.

It's strange? Quite

Top Bottom