[XFA] Frequently Asked Questions

[XFA] Frequently Asked Questions [Paid] 1.4.3

No permission to buy (€15.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

Frequently Asked Questions - Do you have recurring questions from your users? The FAQ system is for you.

Requirements
  • XenForo > 2.0

Description
Do you have recurring questions from your users? The FAQ system is for you.
It allows you to create categories, frequently asked questions and answers to these questions.

View attachment 189630

Features
  • Fully style configurable
  • Add public categories and private categories
  • Add frequently asked questions with
    • Editor for answer
    • Attachment system
  • Drag...

Read more about this resource...

I was already waiting for Jodie updating her Iversia FAQ-system, so it´s nice to see you coming up with that (even when I know, you have other thing to do this weekend ;) ). But may I suggest something? First, could you do a pagination, so that this could be a more category-like system. When I understand it correct, all FAQ entries will appear on one single page. That could be quite a lot to load - and easily could become confusing. Second, the titles in the sidebar shouldn´t be cut off like I can see it from the screenshots. Even a line break should be supported, else a user won´t be able to catch the scope of an entry at first glance ;)

---

J'attendais déjà que Jodie mette à jour son système FAQ Iversia , mais c'est sympa de vous voir venir avec ça (même quand je sais, vous avez autre chose à faire ce week-end ;) ) ). Mais puis-je suggérer quelque chose ? Premièrement, pourriez-vous faire une navigation plus semblable à celle d'une section, pour que le système soit plus catégorique ? Lorsque j'ai bien compris, toutes les entrées de la FAQ apparaîtront sur une seule page. Cela pourrait représenter beaucoup de choses à charger - et pourrait facilement devenir déroutant. Deuxièmement, les titres dans la barre latérale ne doivent pas être coupés comme je peux le voir sur les captures d'écran. Même un saut de ligne doit être pris en charge, sinon un utilisateur ne pourra pas saisir le sujet et la portée d'une entrée au premier coup d'œil ;)

Last edited:
I was already waiting for Jodie updating her Inversa FAQ-system, so it´s nice to see you coming up with that (even when I know, you have other thing to do this weekend ;) ). But may I suggest something? First, could you do a pagination, so that this could be a more category-like system. When I understand it correct, all FAQ entries will appear on one single page. That could be quite a lot to load - and easily could become confusing. Second, the titles in the sidebar shouldn´t be cut off like I can see it from the screenshots. Even a line break should be supported, else a user won´t be able to catch the scope of an entry at first glance ;)

---

J'attendais déjà que Jodie mette à jour son système FAQ Inversa, mais c'est sympa de vous voir venir avec ça (même quand je sais, vous avez autre chose à faire ce week-end ;) ) ). Mais puis-je suggérer quelque chose ? Premièrement, pourriez-vous faire une navigation plus semblable à celle d'une section, pour que le système soit plus catégorique ? Lorsque j'ai bien compris, toutes les entrées de la FAQ apparaîtront sur une seule page. Cela pourrait représenter beaucoup de choses à charger - et pourrait facilement devenir déroutant. Deuxièmement, les titres dans la barre latérale ne doivent pas être coupés comme je peux le voir sur les captures d'écran. Même un saut de ligne doit être pris en charge, sinon un utilisateur ne pourra pas saisir le sujet et la portée d'une entrée au premier coup d'œil ;)

Hi
Thanks for your message,
Can you post your suggestion in our forum please.

Regards

I was already waiting for Jodie updating her Iversia FAQ-system, so it´s nice to see you coming up with that (even when I know, you have other thing to do this weekend ;) ). But may I suggest something? First, could you do a pagination, so that this could be a more category-like system. When I understand it correct, all FAQ entries will appear on one single page. That could be quite a lot to load - and easily could become confusing. Second, the titles in the sidebar shouldn´t be cut off like I can see it from the screenshots. Even a line break should be supported, else a user won´t be able to catch the scope of an entry at first glance ;)

---

J'attendais déjà que Jodie mette à jour son système FAQ Iversia , mais c'est sympa de vous voir venir avec ça (même quand je sais, vous avez autre chose à faire ce week-end ;) ) ). Mais puis-je suggérer quelque chose ? Premièrement, pourriez-vous faire une navigation plus semblable à celle d'une section, pour que le système soit plus catégorique ? Lorsque j'ai bien compris, toutes les entrées de la FAQ apparaîtront sur une seule page. Cela pourrait représenter beaucoup de choses à charger - et pourrait facilement devenir déroutant. Deuxièmement, les titres dans la barre latérale ne doivent pas être coupés comme je peux le voir sur les captures d'écran. Même un saut de ligne doit être pris en charge, sinon un utilisateur ne pourra pas saisir le sujet et la portée d'une entrée au premier coup d'œil ;)

Hi
Sorry i didn't see your message
For pagination, i am sorry i don't know how i can manage it. there are answer to display but also categories. I display 1 category per page?

For second, i have fixed it in new version

Regards

@Fredxd Just bought this addon. Though lacking customization options.

Possible to separate the questions from each other? Currently, they are very close together, and there is no line spacer etc to make them stand out. All questions in the same category just smush together. Can you add a option to make it required to click a link on the sidebar, to go to said question? And it would load a page, that ONLY contains that question. Or automatically hide them in spoilers? Several options that can work.

Last edited:
Hi

Im having troubles with attachments, simply doesnt show up:

faq1.webp

faq2.webp

faq3.webp

What could be wrong? Sorry but didnt find the xfa support section for this addon.

@Fredxd ,
first a technical issue I can´t reproduce now, so just keep it in mind in case another one reports it: after installing the add-on (no errors, no hints in the cp) I have tried to insert the link to the FAQ into the footer-template so I can deactivate the top nav. How often I saved the template - with active FAQ addon - it just didn´t worked. Funny thing is, I did this 20 times or so, checked the cp for errors and there was nothing - but the template refused to save the changes. I mean, in the UI it did, I hit the save button and it was all loking good, template saved. But when I reloaded the website, there were no changes visible. Revisited and reloaded the template to see what happend and the changes weren´t in there. Problem solver was deactivating your add-on, make the changes to the template, save the template and reactivate the add-on. Since this point I am able to make changes to templates again, even with the activated FAQ add-on. I have no idea what caused this since here is not a single error - wether in the xf logs nor in the server logs. Anyway, you should keep an eye on that.

Second, lets come to the add-on itself. I know you guys are delivering good work, but - sorry to say that & please don´t take it as an offense - the FAQ isn´t really the best piece of software you came up with by now. The main problem is, that the missing pagination of (at least) categories makes the FAQ in it´s current state nearly unusable. My FAQ will adress each add-on on my website and mostly all of it´s functions, so users know what does what and how to use this or where to find that. This will result in a FAQ site, that will have the length of about 50 to 70 screens heights. I guess I don´t have to explain, why the single page design is a major problem and some kind of design flaw ;)

Now, others have pointed that out before as I can see and I have to admit, this is the turn & burn point for your FAQ add-on even for me. Can we except, that you are already working on a category pagination, Fred?

@Sperber thanks for feedback
For your template problem let me know if you see something ;)

For pagination, will try if i can do something this week but i can’t promise anything

I have thinking to easy way to do way,
I will not do global pagination but a category pagination
So navigation will be done by category with pagination inside

Top Bottom