Add-on XF2 - Mediawiki - Or any other WIKI Addon?

intgbh

Hello,
someone have any effors in a Wiki Addon? There is one but that is very simple and can't even go into a child child page.
Is there maybe a bridge to Mediawiki? That would be perfect.

In earlier times there was a bridge between Xenforo 1.x and MediaWiki. But this stopped working with later MediaWiki versions.

A bridge between Xenforo 2 and the current MediaWiki would be wonderful, simply necessary. MediaWiki is (for me) the only true Wiki, the visitors are used to it from Wikipedia.

I am willing to participate in a realization.

@xfrocks is currently developing something. But he couldn't answer me in the last time (maybe busy). Maybe we could help him to get his Bridge finished?

xfrocks took over and continued the former bridge for XF1. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, some attempts to reactivate him to support the latest MediaWiki versions failed.

I really want to see @xfrocks as the developer of the XF2 - MediaWiki bridge, but I'm afraid we would wait forever. He has a lot of big projects. And he would be so predestined, since he has already programmed most functions with the [bd] API.

If someone else offers to develop the bridge (it doesn't have to get that big, it's all about user accounts and rights), we're already at least two financially involved. I think I can ask 1-2 other users and convince them to join...

My Collaborative Threads add-on (paid) allows sharing of editing privileges to ad-hoc groups for opt-in behaviour on posts. This isn't really a wiki but it can be used for very basic collaborative post editing

Thanks @Xon,
I'm gonna take a good look at your addon, too. Not as a wiki, but there are other threads in my forum that should be worked on together.

At the moment we are fully committed to connecting the current MediaWiki to Xenforo2, we are currently reviewing some options and then decide how to proceed.

In any case, everyone is welcome to participate in the realization of the bridge between MediaWiki and Xenforo2. Just contact me and @intgbh privatly.

A couple of us were looking at:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:XenForoAuth

for XF1. It currently doesn't work with the latest release [bd] API 1.6.1 which is needed for PHP 7.2. The developer said he would take a look but haven't heard of any progress on fixing. Haven't tried with XF2 and the alpha [bd] API yet, maybe someone wants to give it a shot?

Looks also great. But we also need a seamless integration into Xenforo 2 and not as an extra Site.

Looks also great. But we also need a seamless integration into Xenforo 2 and not as an extra Site.
The closest things would be XenCarta by Jaxel or VaultWiki.

XenCarta integrates better as it's made entirely for XF, but is very bare bones and won't work if you need a full robust wiki.

VaultWiki integrates decently, but my experience was that there were always a lot of bugs (which for a large codebase is understandable), and that it didn't properly fit what I needed at the time. If you need super robust templating and if/else conditionals it's your best option, more so than even MediaWiki.

Top Bottom