XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO [Paid] 2.1.1.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
hmm....seems to be having a problem connecting to youtube......by the main submit function...
i tried 2 different link structures....same results :(

Oops! We ran into some problems.
An error occurred while connecting with YouTube. Please try again later.

i set all permissions to yes and tried the test as admin....what else can i try?

great thank you all working...

is it possible to change the bbcode from "medio" to our own tag? it would be nice to be able to make an editor button/icon for it also....btw, you could probably ask xon too if you arent sure how, he just fixed some custom bbcodes that were not editable like that a couple days ago...

hello,
i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the browser tab/header text from inside this addon's main page...

the default text is "Media"....problem is, the phrase is tied into other unrelated things...like the stock media bbcode for some reason, which of course we do not want to change...

tried to even find in template where it called the phrase to hack a simple text in but i failed...

is there a way to do this?

Navigation tabs are not part of the normal XenForo phrasing system. Just edit the tab itself in XenForo's nav manager.

no, not "navigation tab" we got that part.....rather, im saying "browser tab" i.e. page title....which we intend to match that to the navigation tab name we edited...

thank you

Hey, I wanted to know if there is a convert feature for this (or maybe a custom php script to convert or database queries)?

Like imagine having thousands of threads, each have videos as first post and have custom thread fields applied to them. Can we convert those threads to the media system of your addon? @Jaxel

i am still struggling with phrasing issues with this...

i found another area effected so a solution would be very nice, even as a hack solution we will be happy...i cannot find the proper template somehow..

problem 1: page title/header phrase uses the "media" phrase, which is also used by the media bbcode title, which cannot otherwise be edited :(
problem 2: xenmedio user profile tab also uses the "media" phrase, which as mentioned above, cannot be edited without forcing the media bbcode button name to change.

can you put a custom phrase on those so we can use personalized name for the video gallery instead of simply "media" which is already being used for the xenforo gallery and media bbcode.

that would be great! thank you

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO with a new update entry:

2.1.0.5 - CHANGELOG

• When Chrome got rid of Pepper Flash from the browser, we switched over to Wimpy to play local media. Apparently this broke music albums and I never noticed. This has been fixed to follow the Wimply playlist XML format.
  • All instances of the phrase "media" within this addon have been changed to "EWRmedio_media" as a separate phrase.
  • Normalized some search and font-awesome issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sometimes with XenMedio a member will post a comment, and then a moderator will approve the comment. However, if you later look on the moderator's profile, it shows that they posted the comment even though they only approved the comment. If you go to the actual media you will see that the comment was posted by the member, but yet the moderator's profile says they commented instead of that the member commented. What would cause this to happen? We are using Xenforo v2.1.2 and [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO 2.1.0.4.

Thank you for your help!

Hello Jaxel.

After years of using this addon on Xenforo 1 and 2, I am sad to report something you may have never known. Videos posted on the addon never count as a view on YouTube.

Recently we tested this out and we know the views are real views. YouTube will even show the site the views are coming from but will list the site as no views coming in. We watched many videos from the addon and would monitor the YouTube channel analytics. Even days after watching 20 videos per account, no views would come in. Yet the website would show up in the YouTube analytics as a location where views were coming from.

This means all the people posting videos on 8 Way Run to get views to help support their channels are not getting help. YouTube is actively blocking the view counts.

In your stream addon, you have a feature that adds a REDIRECT option when someone clicks the stream. I would like to suggest you add that to the Media addon so anyone that is looking to help support video posting community. There may be other things you can do like have the videos posted a diffrent way as a work around, but the REDIRECT option seems to be the simplest way for now.

Thank you for your time :)

After years of using this addon on Xenforo 1 and 2, I am sad to report something you may have never known. Videos posted on the addon never count as a view on YouTube.
This is a known issue. YouTube does not count embedded videos as views... we don't know why they do this.

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenMedio 2 (Media) PRO with a new update entry:

2.1.0.6 - CHANGELOG

• Fixed some abstracted image paths for people who use CDNs.
  • Added the ability to disable the individual media page, and instead redirect to that media's callback URL.
Because YouTube does not count embedded media in their metrics, this option has been added. By enabling this option, several other things will also be disabled by necessity. Sorting media by comments, reactions and views will automatically be removed. The trending/reaction box on the bottom left of the media...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great addon and we just bought a licence.

Jaxel, we need the possibility to make the addon GDPR compatible. This means that when viewing the thumbnails still no data flow to Youtube.

Another possibility is that the Embedded Code activate the so-called Advanced Privacy Mode in Youtube.

Thanks for supporting us.

Greetings
Klaus

To make YouTube GDPR compliant, just go to admin.php?ewr-medio/services/ and click edit on the YouTube service.

Change the embed HTML from youtube.com to youtube-nocookie.com

@Jaxel It seems that Imgur URLs have updated to have "/gallery/" instead of "/a/" in them, so they are not detected as valid ("Media URL did not match any supported services").
I updated the XenMedio service settings for Imgur to reflect that, and it seems to work OK. When submitting the Imgur gallery, it does visually overflow under a couple of boxes on the submission page, but other than that it seems fine so far.

I'm also having trouble finding where you actually add playlists... I have all permissions and am a super administrator. In the admin panel, I see the Playlists section for XenMedio, but there is no way to add a playlist there, just an empty list since none exist yet. On the frontend, viewing the Playlists section in XenMedio likewise shows an empty list with no way to create one. When submitting media, I see no options related to playlists. When viewing media that was submitted, I see an option at the bottom of the page to "Add media to playlist", but naturally the playlist dropdown is empty since there are no playlists. Trying to submit that form anyway gives a "page not found" popup.

@Jaxel
What am I missing? How do you create playlists?

EDIT:
OK, I found it under "Your media" as "Create playlist". It does however feel like there should be a more straightforward link to that in the Playlists section in my opinion.

Last edited:
@Jaxel
In my post above I hadn't realized that Imgur /a/ URLs still exist; my mistake. However, /gallery/ links also exist and should be supported; thankfully it's not much trouble to add a service for that which is mostly a copy of the existing /a/ one.

However, there's a real problem: Imgur embeds are not displayed properly by XenMedio. The Iframe's parent container is not properly resized to fit the Iframe which contains the Imgur embed. As a result, the Imgur embed underflows past the bottom of the parent container, not displaying properly.

I played around with a bit of CSS which seems to have fixed it:
CSS:
div.medio-aspect-box { padding-top: 5px; }
div.medio-aspect-box div.medio-aspect-body { top: auto; bottom: auto; left: auto; right: auto; position: relative; }

However, while that fixes Imgur embeds, it breaks Youtube (and probably many other) embeds by making them vertically shrunken. If it were possible to target the above CSS specifically for Imgur embeds, that would work, but there's no class or anything specified on those parent elements which could allow for that.

So, I'm stuck with the display of Imgur embeds being broken. Could you fix that problem, please? I plan to post a review for this addon soon based on whether this gets fixed or not (good or bad).

Top Bottom