xF1.5 or xF2: unlimited edit-time range for 'thread owner'?

balu_baer

Hello,

our standard user group is allowed to edit their postings for 60 minutes, but we have some users taking care about FAQ-Threads or something like that. Is it possible to change the time range for editing some postings to more than 60 minutes - maybe to 'unlimited' (onboard or via AddOn)?
I posted this questions in another forum too (xen-hilfe.de) and it seems, the only way is to add a new group with my power users and change their edit-reglematations to some "forums/areas" to unlimited. I'm a little bit worried abut that, because I don't want the let them edit their postings in the complete area - only in one thread or (better) only for specific postings.

We installed a test-forum on xenForo 1.5.17 but want to test xenForo 2 too, so please keep that in mind - maybe there are some solutions only available for xF1 or maybe only for xF2 ... :unsure:

Hoping posted this in the correct area - sorry if I didn't :rolleyes:

Best regards!
Marco

Just create another role/group and only change the time they have to edit a post. Assign that group to everyone you want to. This should work in all XF versions without addons.

Thank you.
That's exactly the solution I wrote about in my first post. I hesitate in allowing all my 'power-users' to edit all their postings in some specific forums/areas as long as the group is configured to. I'm searching for a solution on with I'm able to let them edit only some specific threads or (better) some postings.

Looks like I should read more carefully. Well, if it's only about one or some specific threads, why don't you create a (sub-)forum just for that?

Top Bottom