XF 2.2 XF upgrade 2.1 to 2.2, all FA icons are broken.

Dragonfruit

Hello all,
I attempted a test upgrade with all addons disabled first.

Everything looked like it worked, but all FA icons are broken. I attempted template merges on PAGE_CONTAINER and core.less believing it may have been an issue with one of those, but it did not resolve the issue.

Nothing urgent, as this was just done as a trial run. But does anyone have any insight on why all FA icons would be broken?
It's just displaying as a square with letters & numbers in them, like F0E1.

Thank you

The icon approach has changed and no longer uses fonts, so likely an outdated style. Are all icons missing, or just certain ones?

Hi Jeremy, it appeared to be everything. FA icons were used in all navigation titles, along with the forum post icons, and used along the footer. Everything just turned into the blocks.

If you create a new default style with no parent, does the issue persist?

Actually it's worse, most of the layout is white, all the images and styling is gone, there's links for the navigation, user account, and the forum stuff just meshed everywhere.

Actually, I'm just realizing, perhaps I did the upgrade wrong? I used the upgrade only pack from the 2.2+, perhaps it should've been done with the full file pack instead?

Disregard my previous post about the approach changing then. They are still font-based in 2.2.

It’s worth checking the control panel and browser console for errors. I imagine the icon fonts aren’t loading correctly, though if CSS is not loading for the default style there may be something stranger happening.

I've made sure the test site is using the same PHP version as the 2.1 site, but I also tried flipping it to 8.1, no difference.

I also tried replacing all the web files with a full 2.2 pack, also no difference.

Here's what it shows from the console.

Attachments

• web-console-errors.webp
    web-console-errors.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
Oh, surprising change. Decided to try a different browser. Everything looks fine on the guest view because it's the newly generated 2.2 default style, all FA icons looks to be working.

Logged into the Admin account, and everything appears as squares, except for the 'Twitter' icon, which displays as 'X'.

So it's something to do with the outdated 2.1 styles then.

I'll slowly review and merge everything else, see how far I get. I appreciate the help @Jeremy P

Just for reference in case anyone is going through this, template: helper_js_global

Previous 2.1 code:
Code:
<xf:set var="$cssUrls" value="{{ ['public:normalize.css', 'public:core.less', $app . ':app.less'] }}" />

Updated in 2.2 to:
Code:
<xf:set var="$cssUrls" value="{{ ['public:normalize.css', 'public:fa.css', 'public:core.less', $app . ':app.less'] }}" />

That fixed all the FA issues.

Back
Top Bottom