Graphic XF Smilies (Default) Revamped

Shelley

So a few days ago I started redesigning the default "devil" and "alien" smiley from the default pack since I never did like those at all and felt that improvements could be made. The first batch for both of those smilies are the original the rest are custom variations.

Alien - Opted for the grey rather than the green (old version) Any better?
Devil - Which of the devil smilies from the screenshot do you think is more fitting (I'm personally undecided) and thought I'd get some feedback on the matter.

Thanks

Screenshot_8.webp

Why replace when you can add? :D

The gray ET though doesn't look like the classic ET. And so most people may not understand what that is unless the know what a "grey" is. So I think it needs more work (sorry).

But the new devil looks sort of interesting. I'm at a loss on which I like more though. But it's between the two in the middle.

Why replace when you can add? :D

The gray ET though doesn't look like the classic ET. And so most people may not understand what that is unless the know what a "grey" is. So I think it needs more work (sorry).

But the new devil looks sort of interesting. I'm at a loss on which I like more though. But it's between the two in the middle.

Don't be sorry Adam that is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I could have added it but I loathe the green alien, I will disagree though that many people won't know what "the grey" is though I could be wrong with that regard It's a chance I'll take with that. I agree though that it could be improved (the eyes I felt were a little off) but wanted additional feedback to confirm that. I'll work on that a little more.

With regards to the devil smiley, I dunno what it is about the original design (I think it's the head gear) and it doesn't look evil enough but worst case scenario I can make them into Diablo themed smilies. :P

Thanks for the feedback. *ventures back into photoshop*

Digging the Devil on the far right, as for the Alien I like the gray, kinda fits the "greys" as some would call them. :p

I really dig the Devil, with the face/beard...not the glasses as much. He looks like a character off TV and I like it.

BTW, Shelley, what about Retina smileys with 2x resolution?

I like most of your smileys very much and thank you for your precious work! The new devil and alien smileys are much better! From my point of view, only the "kiss" smiley should be more serious (currently it looks much too salacious for a friendly kiss). ;-)

BTW, Shelley, what about Retina smileys with 2x resolution?

I like most of your smileys very much and thank you for your precious work! The new devil and alien smileys are much better! From my point of view, only the "kiss" smiley should be more serious (currently it looks much too salacious for a friendly kiss). ;-)

That's really down to @Mike & @Kier to do since they hold the rights to the default smilies so that task is on them. :D

With regards to the extended pack however, I'm happy with them being how they are now so I have no plans to support Retina at this time.

With regards to the kiss smiley I'll look into that some more but the Flirty type feel was intended. I'm curious now how an angry kiss smiley looks. :P

With regards to the kiss smiley I'll look into that some more but the Flirty type feel was intended. I'm curious now how an angry kiss smiley looks. :p

I would have no problem with several kiss smileys for all the possible purposes. :D

I would have no problem with several kiss smileys for all the possible purposes. :D

:ROFLMAO: - I think I could accommodate you with that. Stay tuned and I'll have some variations posted at my site (so not to derail this thread) hopefully by the weekend. :giggle:

Edit: Giving this more thought the smilies (kissing in all their varieties) is something I might include into the extended pack in one of the upcoming updates.

Reactions: HWS
Top Bottom