XF site suggestion when rating add-ons let us review with less than 100 characters

beerForo

I suggest XF let us leave reviews of less than 100 characters. I've found some really cool add-ons here and wanted to leave reviews and put something like "Great add-on, a must-have, solved my issue!" or similar and XF wants me to add more and I don't want to add fluff. So I just close the window. Would be great to leave short reviews like eBay etc. Even just "Great add-on!"

Please Go GIF by Adult Swim

I completely agree with a minimum review length but it could be reduced. Like others in the old thread, I have more than once said screq it because I've said what I wanted to say and still get the too short error. That dev just lost a review, favorable or not favorable.

For the record XF has reduced it since that thread. Seems it was 250 or 200. Now 100. I still have issue lol! I think 20 would be fine. A quick little statement on what you like. That's how I always do eBay. In fact on eBay I often leave simply an A+ grade. So I'd also be okay with a 2 char min lol.

I feel the need to reduce the character count as a user wanting to leave a review, but as a user looking at the review or as a developer, I feel a bunch of reviews saying A+ would ruin the review system.

Sure makes sense. I think allowing short (10) is reasonable and people can elaborate if they feel so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom