1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained XF Optimise 0.1.0

Features: minify Javascript, defer Javascript, minify HTML (recommended XenForo 1.0 only)

1. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource: XF Optimise

Features: minify Javascript, defer Javascript, minify HTML (recommended XenForo 1.0 only)

Read more
  2. Andz

Andz New Member

Why is minifying the HTML not recommended for newer versions of XF?
  3. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

This addon has problems with TinyMCE reply box
  4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

@duydangle, why don't you describe the "problems" you're having so that DI has a chance to fix them?
  5. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

I uninstalled this addon for a long time, but I remembered that when I enabled minify js, the tinymce reply box is not displayed. Thanks for your reply.
  6. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

So weird that I installed the addon again, and it works perfectly... @@.
  7. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

The description suggests that this addon only helps with deferring the js, meaning the minify js is handled by XF itself now? If so how do I get it to?
  8. Coop1979

Coop1979 Well-Known Member

DarkImmortal, have you thought about putting out an Add-on just for the Defer Javascript portion of this mod, since that is the main part that is still valid?
  9. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

I found that when I enable deferring javascript, on some threads quick reply boxs disappears.
  10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Will this be updated? Minifying Java is a very important thing when it comes to site speed. It's one of the issues I'm working on right now in fact. :confused:
    fattony69 likes this.
  11. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

I'll second Cal's question / request.
    Cal likes this.
  12. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

All of XenForo's javascript is minified by default.

The only javascript that won't be minified is add-ons (if the add-on developers haven't minified it - personally, I always do), inline javascript and external javascript (Facebook and Twitter).

Most of the stuff that's left over can't be minified or is negligible in its effect.
    kkm323 likes this.
  13. RWHP

RWHP Active Member