XF Filecache

nrep

If I enabled XF's file based caching in config.php, what exactly would the consequences be? I can't see a list of what sort of things it would cache. We've got opcache/wincache enabled, so perhaps using the file cache would be advantageous.

It may be nice to enable css minify, but we don't have any of the other caching mechanisms available, so file cache is our only option at the moment. However, if enabling the filecache would mean that lots of other things are also cached this way, then it may be slower overall.

I'd be interested to hear what other file cache users think!

Unfortunately not, as it just mentions the types of cache available (and how to activate them). I don't know what the cache actually does other than the "ability to store and retrieve various data".

If it's limited to a handful of things such as CSS (when minify is used) then that's great for me, however if it has a file based session cache (or similar things, better suited to a non-file cache) then it probably won't be worth it.

I don't know what the cache actually does other than the "ability to store and retrieve various data".
It stores XF commonly used and frequently accessed data in a backend you decide from "$config['cache']['backend'] = '<yours here>';"
In other words, instead of accessing from DB each time required, it will collect it from the (faster) backend cache mechanism. (eg. in memory cache instead of SQL query from DB)

Top Bottom