XF English String

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moshe1010

For some reason my thread was closed, probably due to misunderstanding.

Let's start with a background:
1. I don't have XF license (yet)
2. I would like to purchase one, but there hasn't any translation avaliable yet in my language (Hebrew)
3. Therefore, I asked that:
I would like to translate XF from English to Hebrew, but I can't find the original English string. Could you be kind enough to show me where I can find it?

In addition, is there a website/system for translations? I couldn't find that either. I used crowdin.net to translate Tapatalk 2, and it was very convenient in terms of editing/fixing others' translations/adding new strings/ etc`.

Anyway, I can work with the original XML file, just need the original English file.

Thank you in advance.

My site isn't exactly the best example, because I have about 100 add-ons installed. Which means I have A LOT more phrases than XenForo usually has. There isn't this much to actually translate in XenForo. But this is the basic layout

You can try for yourself by using the Demo located at http://demo.xenforo.com/

1.webp

2.webp

The ACP is not suited for full translations. It's incredible time-consuming, unreliable and a waste of the servers resources. Translation work is properly done with exporting and editing a language XML file. Though if you don't have a license I'm not sure if you are allowed to export an XML as it's property of XenForo.

The ACP is not suited for full translations. It's incredible time-consuming, unreliable and a waste of the servers resources. Translation work is properly done with exporting and editing a language XML file. Though if you don't have a license I'm not sure if you are allowed to export an XML as it's property of XenForo.

Actually, you can. After all, it's just a bunch of strings.

Folks need to stop helping the OP. They most likely are running a nulled version and refuses to associate a license with his account.

Although that's always a possibility, one can't assume it. I wouldn't want to turn off a potential paying customer by being rude and accusing him of something I couldn't proof.

Although that's always a possibility, one can't assume it. I wouldn't want to turn off a potential paying customer by being rude and accusing him of something I couldn't prove.

It was already mentioned elsewhere by a member of the staff that he needs to associate a license with the account. :p

It was already mentioned elsewhere by a member of the staff that he needs to associate a license with the account. :p

I thought he said hadn't bought a copy yet...? If he hasn't bought it, how could he do that? And if he had a nulled copy, wouldn't he have access to the xml files he's wanting, or does one have to download them separately from somewhere? (And even if that were the case, the nullers would probably include it in their packages!)

I thought he said hadn't bought a copy yet...? If he hasn't bought it, how could he do that? And if he had a nulled copy, wouldn't he have access to the xml files he's wanting, or does one have to download them separately from somewhere?

You can export the language XML files in the demo as well. Could be something that needs fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom