XF Arcade [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! That's one piece that's really missing after the migration from vb to xf.

Will it be free or paid? I'm fine paying something if it's supported.

Mochi Media is Shutting Down
We are sad to announce that effective March 31, 2014, Mochi Media will be shutting down all of our services. For the complete story, please read the post on our blog from our CEO, Josh Larson.

Mochi Media is Shutting Down
We are sad to announce that effective March 31, 2014, Mochi Media will be shutting down all of our services. For the complete story, please read the post on our blog from our CEO, Josh Larson.

Sad news indeed...

I guess that support will have to be removed from the xf arcade, as well as others such as myarcadeplugin.com (wordpress).

Is there a temporary fix to this server error ?
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'score' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 5:25 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/Arcade/Model/Session.php(11): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_arcade_sessi...', Array)
#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/Arcade/ControllerPublic/ArcadeUgly.php(196): Arcade_Model_Session->saveSession(Array, Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Arcade_ControllerPublic_ArcadeUgly->actionIpbSaveScoreLegacy()
#6 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(59) "....index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["act"] => string(6) "Arcade"
    ["do"] => string(8) "newscore"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["FTimerClass"] => string(15) "[type Function]"
    ["pnFlashGames"] => string(15) "[type Function]"
    ["ipb_gname"] => string(12) "typingtestv2"
    ["xx"] => string(28) "onLoad=%5Btype%20Function%5D"
    ["fname"] => string(45) "arcade/gamedata/typingtestv2/typingtestv2.txt"
    ["_timerLoop"] => string(15) "[type Function]"
    ["_formatvalue"] => string(15) "[type Function]"
    ["score"] => string(2) "16"
    ["varsObj"] => string(75689) "
  }
}

IPB games dont save for me and since mochi are closing down there isnt a point to having the mod active on my forum..

any news on the rewrite?
It really depends how well the code is integrated in a game.

Nothing :(

I installed it on xenforo 1.3.0 but there are no games shown aswell the admin section is empty (just shows submenu titles), my guess is something went wrong - reinstalled but remains same.

Questions:
Is there a list of games which are default installed if any ?
Are there known conflicts with other addons ?

I installed it on xenforo 1.3.0 but there are no games shown aswell the admin section is empty (just shows submenu titles), my guess is something went wrong - reinstalled but remains same.

Questions:
Is there a list of games which are default installed if any ?
Are there known conflicts with other addons ?

Installed fine on 1.3.0 for me, although the scores wouldn't update with the games that came with installation. I went to mochimedia and got the api and I was able to import games within my forum admin area. Scores now work although mochimedia is closing down in a few days so not sure where that leaves this addon.

Last edited:
IPB games dont save for me and since mochi are closing down there isnt a point to having the mod active on my forum..

any news on the rewrite?
IPB games should still be working, v3 Arcade games haven't worked since XF 1.2 and Mochi likely will stop working after they shut down.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.
For those who haven't heard yet the project is now under the control of XF Rocks. It is his choice if he'll be re-releasing it here or exclusively at his site, XFRocks.com.

The XFA testers who saw the last couple of changes I was working on, with moving the categories to the sidebar and new tabs for sorting the games and a few other tweaks, that release has been labeled "0.1.6" and I just sent it to XFRocks. {And when I say "just", I mean literally just a few minutes ago so please give him a chance to check his messages and my comments to him before flooding him with questions.}

v3 Arcade games stopped working as of XF 1.2 because "/arcade.php" no longer works. Previously going to both the route name and {route}.php worked; using "/members" and "/members.php" both worked for viewing the members page but as of 1.2 "/members.php" now returns an unkown page error. The end result is that because "/arcade.php" is no longer recognized the v3A games are unable to save their scores. The recommendation from Mike was to create a physical file named "arcade.php" with the necessary code in it. The amount of code I started on for that was no where near ready so XF Rocks will be starting from a blank slate with it. v3A games save their scores to "arcade.php" and that can't be changed.

IPB games should be working yet since going to "/index.php" still seems to work. If IPB games are not saving then seek out the various threads about things to check. IPB games save their scores to "index.php" and that can't be changed.

I don't know what will happen to Mochi games when they shut their site down. It'd be nice if they allowed the games to still be playable and, for arcade apps like XF Arcade that saved the scores locally, to still verify the scores so they can be saved but I have not looked into the matter at all.

The demo games that come with XFA are v3 Arcade games so, as described above, as of XF 1.2 none of the demo games will work. Replace them with IPB games.

Eventually "XFArcade.com" will be redirected to XFRocks.com and the domains transferred as well.

Last edited:
For those who haven't heard yet the project is now under the control of XF Rocks. It is his choice if he'll be re-releasing it here or exclusively at his site, XFRocks.com.

The XFA testers who saw the last couple of changes I was working on, with moving the categories to the sidebar and new tabs for sorting the games and a few other tweaks, that release has been labeled "0.1.6" and I just sent it to XFRocks. {And when I say "just", I mean literally just a few minutes ago so please give him a chance to check his messages and my comments to him before flooding him with questions.}

v3 Arcade games stopped working as of XF 1.2 because "/arcade.php" no longer works. Previously going to both the route name and {route}.php worked; using "/members" and "/members.php" both worked for viewing the members page but as of 1.2 "/members.php" now returns an unkown page error. The end result is that because "/arcade.php" is no longer recognized the v3A games are unable to save their scores. The recommendation from Mike was to create a physical file named "arcade.php" with the necessary code in it. The amount of code I started on for that was no where near ready so XF Rocks will be starting from a blank slate with it. v3A games save their scores to "arcade.php" and that can't be changed.

IPB games should be working yet since going to "/index.php" still seems to work. If IPB games are saving then seek out the various threads about things to check. IPB games save their scores to "index.php" and that can't be changed.

I don't know what will happen to Mochi games when they shut their site down. It'd be nice if they allowed the games to still be playable and, for arcade apps like XF Arcade that saved the scores locally, to still verify the scores so they can be saved but I have no looked into the matter at all.

The demo games that come with XFA are v3 Arcade games so, as described above, as of XF 1.2 none of the demo games will work. Replace them with IPB games.

Eventually "XFArcade.com" will be redirected to XFRocks.com and the domains transferred as well.
Thanks @Kevin for helping out in this transfer. News will be coming out later today or tomorrow. So please stay tuned.

I went through my arcade today and removed all the Mochi games that wouldn't load. I'm not sure if there is just some delay in winding down of Mochi's services or something but I still have Mochi games on my site that load perfectly and submit scores

For those asking where this leaves the arcade - IPB format games should work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom