XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ruining jim carrey GIF

One point worth considering - do your members want a new release with changes to get used to, as much as you do?

When I first migrated to XF from a modified Snitz forum which had been running for 17 years in that guise (with @Slavik 's help), it caused mayhem for some of our older members, some of which I don't think ever managed to get used to the changes.
The dust has long since settled, but as much as I'd like new things to play with I have to consider our members, do they?

No, they positively hate change and go nuts about it. But at the same time I see them talking about "rival" forums that haven't changed/upgraded and are like we used to be and saying how awful they are.

They would have a fit if we went back to a non-responsive design or removed alerts. I don't believe in changes for changes sake, but we always need progress and new features if we are to compete with other social media.

No, they positively hate change and go nuts about it. But at the same time I see them talking about "rival" forums that haven't changed/upgraded and are like we used to be and saying how awful they are.

They would have a fit if we went back to a non-responsive design or removed alerts. I don't believe in changes for changes sake, but we always need progress and new features if we are to compete with other social media.
Just out of curiosity, what exact "new progress" and "new features" are truly in mind here. And what do we all believe is required to make us feel the need to update to a new branch which could introduce bugs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom