XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, when all his fellow fisherfolk are on Insta? When many, many more possible people are on Insta to oo and ah over the catch? You're not going to beat Instagram (or any of Meta's properties) for media sharing with a forum in 2023. At best, you might get him to embed his Instagram image in a post where he discusses how he caught that amazing fish with the other fisherfolk.
Instagram is social media.
He can get away from there if he wishes to

Welllllll, I think that's when it's coming as a core feature but there's no reason it couldn't be added before now if someone wanted to do that.

Or an “ooooh nice!” reaction from me and the other 105 members who want it.
Of course, everyone is going to have different opinions on what would be a "best" new feature, but I personally hope it's something that members can get excited about, that will benefit them. A new dark style is not that in my case, as I already have a couple nice dark styles, and I've found over the years that 9 out of 10 of my members prefer lighter styles. But whatever it is, it is, I'm sure it's too late in the game now for it to change based on any feedback here.

Last edited:
Would love to see a rolleyes reaction in here.
Reactions can be added easily in the ACP, no hacking or development required.

I added the heart and cool face emojis only the other day. You can see them in action in my announcement thread.

Would love to see a rolleyes reaction in here.
You inspired me to add it. It's super crazy easy. Use following settings:

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 11.13.24 AM.webp

Reactions: FTL
Reactions can be added easily in the ACP, no hacking or development required.

I added the heart and cool face emojis only the other day. You can see them in action in my announcement thread.

Have tried that myself. did not look great. Hence why i ask it should be built in by the developers so that we don't stuff it up.

Have tried that myself. did not look great. Hence why i ask it should be built in by the developers so that we don't stuff it up.
It is built in. They give us the ability to customize it and add them the same way they would. If you need help you can always open a ticket and they can help.

I'd like a proper CMS. Something basic like - dare I say it, gasp, vBulletin - has would be good enough as a start.
Beerforo might have been laughing because he thinks there's about as much chance of that as seeing a cow flying. I suspect something like that would most likely be another paid addon; and personally, if they were going to do that, I'd rather see something more fully fleshed out, rather than another half-baked addon. There's some pretty basic things that the Resources addon isn't capable of after all these years. Probably be a better idea for them to flesh out existing systems more before taking on something like that, including Subscriptions, Pages and Prefixes/Tags, etc.

Beerforo might have been laughing because he thinks there's about as much chance of that as seeing a cow flying. I suspect something like that would most likely be another paid addon; and personally, if they were going to do that, I'd rather see something more fully fleshed out, rather than another half-baked addon. There's some pretty basic things that the Resources addon isn't capable of after all these years. Probably be a better idea for them to flesh out existing systems more before taking on something like that, including Subscriptions, Pages and Prefixes/Tags, etc.
Well, I'd like to hear it from him.

So far he's replied to others since, but ignored my question. The way it looks at the moment is that he's ridiculing my suggestion, so I just want some clarification.

As far as the chance of it appearing, that may be true, but it's simply something I'd like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom