Add-on XF 2.1 Request - Change Inactive board status code 503 to 200

rdn

Seems a very tiny addon based on what @Chris D posted here:

This is actually surprisingly difficult to do in an add-on. Making the code change manually is the only way you can really be sure this will work for all your add-ons you have installed.

Reactions: rdn
I'm already past it, but I did not like the 503 status on inactive, either. There should be an add-on, that all new boards should use while building a base.

This is because on launch, everyone should have social logins to make registration quicker and easier (where most of mine came from).

When a 503 error is thrown during inactive, Facebook (from recollection) and I believe Twitter and Google don't like that, even though I believe the privacy policy is accessible, and will automatically decline the application.

I'm fairly certain that it's automation to get the APIs, but I didn't like activating the board earlier than intended (for 200 status) for verification of the privacy policy.

I ended up doing it overnight as my forum is geo, getting approved, and then resetting to inactive.

It would've been nice to have a 200 status to avoid that, for that reason. But, 503 is by design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom