• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenTrader 2.1.0 User Feedback System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool I will probably wait for the update. When you make the changes be sure to leave a paypal donation email on your first post ;)

Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE5\x8F\x97\xE9\x99\x90...' for column 'to_username' at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenTrader/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 250
XenTrader_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveFeedback() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/xampp/htdocs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

OoooohZzzzz!

I will discuss this with Robbo to see if there is anything we can do, but I can't promise anything with none latin characters.

Didn't think XenForo would throw an error for that. Run this query. Do what Slavik said and I will get it sorted for next release.

I don't see how that is happening. What is the username of the user you are trying to leave feedback for?

The solution to this problem is to wrap the data with utf8_decode. In XenTrade\ControllerPublic\Index.php around line 233. Change these

$dw->set('from_username', $fromUser['username']);

$dw->set('to_username', $toUser['username']);

to this

$dw->set('from_username', utf8_decode($fromUser['username']));

$dw->set('to_username', utf8_decode($toUser['username']));

Never mind, please ignore this. The correct solution is to manually alter those 2 columns in MySQL to be utf-8.

The solution to this problem is to wrap the data with utf8_decode. In XenTrade\ControllerPublic\Index.php around line 233. Change these

$dw->set('from_username', $fromUser['username']);

$dw->set('to_username', $toUser['username']);

to this

$dw->set('from_username', utf8_decode($fromUser['username']));

$dw->set('to_username', utf8_decode($toUser['username']));
Are you sure that is the correct way to do it. I haven't seen it used when saving usernames in other areas. Might be the database scheme.

Are you sure that is the correct way to do it. I haven't seen it used when saving usernames in other areas. Might be the database scheme.

I checked the collation for xentrader_feedback and xentrader_user and they were both utf-8. Is this not correct?

I checked the collation for xentrader_feedback and xentrader_user and they were both utf-8. Is this not correct?
Yeah it is. I think the issue is with DOMDocument. I can't remember. I will be upgrading this soon after 1.1 release and it will be fixed either way.

Hi Robbo/Slavik,

Thanks very much for the plugin. I'm however having problems importing data from vB 3.8 to XF 1.1.0 Beta 4.

I've installed the product and go to run the importer, I've entered all the details of the older vB database, included the import log table (presumably this gets drawn from the live database?) but I get the following errors when I try to run the script:
Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: retain_keys

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 63
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/URLREMOVED/subdomains/xf/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas on what's causing the problem with the import? I've tried forcing the character set but this made no difference.

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Robbo/Slavik,

Thanks very much for the plugin. I'm however having problems importing data from vB 3.8 to .

I've installed the product and go to run the importer, I've entered all the details of the older vB database, included the import log table (presumably this gets drawn from the live database?) but I get the following errors when I try to run the script:
Any ideas on what's causing the problem with the import? I've tried forcing the character set but this made no difference.

Thanks,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

We arn't covering betas in the support of this addon at the moment, we will only support stable releases for obvious reasons.

Can you try the import on a stable release and let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks

//Slav

Yeah it is. I think the issue is with DOMDocument. I can't remember. I will be upgrading this soon after 1.1 release and it will be fixed either way.

Oh never mind, I found out that the collation for a column can be different from the collation for the table.

I manually altered the rows from_username and to_username to be utf-8 when they were latin-1 and the problem went away.

Anyway to remove XenTrader from the navigation bar? I don't know that people know what XenTrader means. If anything, maybe I can change the name to Feedback or something.

I have a question please:

Is it possible to have instead of "Top Traders" ?
So actually 4 columns like:
- Top Buyers
- Top Sellers
- Top Experts
- Hall of Shame

Many thanks!

Any updates on XF v1.1.1?

Also, to have Trading (auction kind of marketplace) which add-on is compatible? please suggest.

I am currently building the forum from v1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom