xenporta recentslider configure to work

Jungalist81

Hey guys, right now I am having trouble setting up my recentslider block. It is active but blank with information. I guess I am having trouble understanding how to configure it. This is what I found about it on the xenporta FAQ

RecentNews

The recentnews block allows you to pull threads from specified forums and display them on your portal homepage as news articles. An example of this can be seen below from 8WR:

View attachment 22088

Threads not in your specified news forums can also be “promoted” to display as news items using the “Promote thread” button. News items are sorted by date so the promotion option allow you to specify the date as well as the icon used on the portal homepage (either an attachment or the users avatar).

RecentSlider

The recentslider block will pull any post from your specified recentnews forums that contains an attachment named slide.jpg (note the file just needs to be attached, not actually embedded in the post) and displays the attachment and post summary within a slidershow-type box.

Question:
1. How do I "specified recentnews forums"? Does configuring Recentslider require configuring RecentNews block? I specified the news on the RecentNews block and that block works fine.

2. How do attach an image to a post? (I see Bold, Italics, Insert/edit link, insert/edit image, Media, Code, Quote and many others but not attachment)

3. How does one embed a picture that is just simply called slide.jpg? It does not make sense when embedding requires a link.

Sorry :)

The threads you want to show in the slider block, must be selected in the recent news block

if the first post is "promoted" and have a slider.jpg as an attachement (or inside the text) it will shown in the slider block.

Sorry :)

The threads you want to show in the slider block, must be selected in the recent news block

if the first post is "promoted" and have a slider.jpg as an attachement (or inside the text) it will shown in the slider block.
Thank you for sorry. Okay so the reccentnews has to be configured and watever thread I select on that block will be for the recentslider, yes thank you.

Now I am having trouble simply attaching a image file on a post (I do not have that function). How do I add that?

OKay I found it. I was just overthinking it. All I had to do simply click on "Upload a file"
IJtK9.png

I was looking for the universal paperclip you see on emails or the word: attachment :) lol

Top Bottom