1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenporta recentslider configure to work

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jungalist81, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Jungalist81

Jungalist81 Member

Hey guys, right now I am having trouble setting up my recentslider block. It is active but blank with information. I guess I am having trouble understanding how to configure it. This is what I found about it on the xenporta FAQ

Question:
    1. How do I "specified recentnews forums"? Does configuring Recentslider require configuring RecentNews block? I specified the news on the RecentNews block and that block works fine.

2. How do attach an image to a post? (I see Bold, Italics, Insert/edit link, insert/edit image, Media, Code, Quote and many others but not attachment)

3. How does one embed a picture that is just simply called slide.jpg? It does not make sense when embedding requires a link.

2. principia

principia Well-Known Member

3. Jungalist81

Jungalist81 Member

I speak broken english and I cannot understand.

I feel like principia is being angry for sarcasm me. If you read my post, I was already on that website and found the recentslider section but I need clarification principia, not a redirection of that faq.

I know the answer is there because I was JUST THERE! I need clarification.

4. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Sorry :)

The threads you want to show in the slider block, must be selected in the recent news block

if the first post is "promoted" and have a slider.jpg as an attachement (or inside the text) it will shown in the slider block.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. Jungalist81

Jungalist81 Member

Thank you for sorry. Okay so the reccentnews has to be configured and watever thread I select on that block will be for the recentslider, yes thank you.

Now I am having trouble simply attaching a image file on a post (I do not have that function). How do I add that?

6. Jungalist81

Jungalist81 Member

OKay I found it. I was just overthinking it. All I had to do simply click on "Upload a file"
    [​IMG]

I was looking for the universal paperclip you see on emails or the word: attachment :) lol

Jake Bunce and principia like this.