Add-on XenPorta Comments

jmcl07

Hey everyone,

Anyone able to help explain how to get the xenporta articles to appear as they do on a site like: http://battlefieldo.com

I am trying to convert our WordPress CMS to XenPorta/XenForo but I want to make sure I can set the articles up like the above referenced link.

If anyone has any pointers/tips/etc please let me know. I would be very grateful if someone had some knowledge with this.

They are using XenPorta so it is absolutely possible to make your site look like Battlefieldo (imo they're one of the best XenPorta implementations I've seen!). :) If you want their exact look/code you could try contacting one of their staff members, but I'm sure you could replicate it on your own. You'll likely want to start with the template EWRblock_RecentNews to remove/rearrange some things.

Holy... that is the most impressive theme I've seen in a long time. Who designed it?

The problems I am facing is getting the articles to appear as such when you click into them. Right now they just look like a normal forum post, rather than like an article with a separated comments section.

I am also having problems with getting the htaccess setup properly for the links. On our current active boards I have this working but on our development site with xenporta it isn't allowing me to view the forums.

Also, these mobile boards on XF are amazing... Where can we pay for them haha!

Edit: just realized the mobile theme will be available for 1.2

The problems I am facing is getting the articles to appear as such when you click into them. Right now they just look like a normal forum post, rather than like an article with a separated comments section.
That's a setting in XenPorta. Admin CP > XenPorta > Options and check the Article box, if memory serves. I don't use the setting myself but I believe that's all that there is to it.

Top Bottom