[XENMS] - User joined date (years months days)

[XENMS] - User joined date (years months days) 1.0.15

No permission to download

DiweyDays

DiweyDays submitted a new resource:

[XENMS] - User joined date (year month day) - User Joined date (year month day)

This plugin utilizes PHP Carbon/Nesbot to display the user's join date in the format of year, month, and day.

View attachment 291757

View attachment 291758

The @Sim composer package has been used for this plugin.

If you want to support me,

[URL...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
DiweyDays updated [XENMS] - User joined date (year month day) with a new update entry:

V:1.0.12

• Composer and Carbon packages have been removed.
  • Time operations are now performed using the PHP datetime class.
  • File size has been reduced from 3MB to 20KB.
  • A timestamp has been added to the user registration time, displaying the date of registration.
View attachment 291880

NOTE: The plugin can be updated in this manner, and your question will work, but "composer" and other packages (such as Carbon, etc.) will...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like this. I notice it shows up when a user's name is highlighted, but does not display in the message bit (it's still the date when they joined) nor does it appear in the profile itself - that is also still the date the user joined. Is that by design or is it able to be changed?

The only other, very minor, consideration would be the use of 'year, month, and day' versus 'years, months, and days' as more grammatically correct.

I do like that this gives a better, instant view, of how long members have been around... please let me know about the above! Thank you!

I like this. I notice it shows up when a user's name is highlighted, but does not display in the message bit (it's still the date when they joined) nor does it appear in the profile itself - that is also still the date the user joined. Is that by design or is it able to be changed?

The only other, very minor, consideration would be the use of 'year, month, and day' versus 'years, months, and days' as more grammatically correct.

I do like that this gives a better, instant view, of how long members have been around... please let me know about the above! Thank you!
In version 1.0.13, the concepts of "year month day" were updated to "years months days".

It works seamlessly in the default theme. If you encounter any issues in external themes, you will need to make adjustments based on your theme in the template changes section (message_macros).

Last edited:
In version 1.0.13, the concepts of "year month day" were updated to "years months days".

It works seamlessly in the default theme. If you encounter any issues in external themes, you will need to make adjustments based on your theme in the template changes section (message_macros).

Awesome, thank you! It's a great add-on and it's a benefit to communities. I do use a different theme (ACE by ThemeHouse) and if I have to go changing templates or merging .... I'm at a loss.

I will play with it more.. it's very nice.

There are

Code:
strtolower(XF::phrase('

in your source code. This makes no sense for some countries.
You may don't manipulate phrases in the source, please?

Instead you could have your own phrases for days, months, years for example.
Or just use the ones from XF.

Last edited:
And maybe you can add this:

1 day
2 days

1 month
2 months

1 years
2 years

And maybe you dont do it with +"s",
because other countries have for example

1 Tag
2 Tage

1 Monate
2 Monate

1 Jahr
2 Jahre

BTW:
I am not shure, what is better programming style, but maybe you want to calculate everything,
and then you have one if, then, else.

This will shorten your code?

There are

Code:
strtolower(XF::phrase('

in your source code. This makes no sense for some countries.
You may don't manipulate phrases in the source, please?

Instead you could have your own phrases for days, months, years for example.
Or just use the ones from XF.
Hello, I don't quite understand what kind of problem this part causes. It just converts to lowercase. Are "Years" and "years" different expressions or terms?
And maybe you can add this:

1 day
2 days

1 month
2 months

1 years
2 years

And maybe you dont do it with +"s",
because other countries have for example

1 Tag
2 Tage

1 Monate
2 Monate

1 Jahr
2 Jahre

in this context, both XenForo's and externally added words are used. If a different language is used instead of "years," such as "Tag,Tage" it's already translated in the language file the person is using.

BTW:
I am not shure, what is better programming style, but maybe you want to calculate everything,
and then you have one if, then, else.

This will shorten your code?

If the user's registration is for 1 day, it only displays "day." However, if it's 1 year, 2 months, and 1 day, it shows all of them. Similarly, if it's 1 month and 2 days, it displays "month" and "day."

You could calculate,
$years, $months, $days for format y/m/d
$monthAll, $dayRest for format m/d
$daysAll for format d

then you pass them all to one phrase or three phrases?
And add a phrase for years, months, days (to have it long, shorten or very shorten)?

In English you say:

one day, two days

in my langauge we say

ein Tag, zwei Tage

your strtolower manipulates this to:

ein tag, zwei tage

Sorry, I don't have better words.

Try to see your result:

A
1 years 1 months 1 days

should be

1 year 1 month 1 day and
2 years 2 months 2 days or
1 year 3 months 1 day

B
In my language we have

1 Jahr 1 Monat 1 Tag

and not

1 jahr 1 monat 1 tag

If I remove all of your strtolower(phrase) in the source, this will not happen!

DiweyDays updated [XENMS] - User joined date (years months days) with a new update entry:

V:1.0.15

• ( [1] days, months, years) = Updated to ( [1] day, month, year).
  • The removal of strtolower letter casing has been discontinued.
  • Theme settings have been added to enable toggling settings in different themes.
  • Instead of changing the participation date, the option to add an additional date has been made available.
  • Terminology related to addons has been updated.
  • Addon codes have been updated, and date and date format have been separated.
  • A new display has been added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom