Resource icon

Search Filter - Exclude Forums [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($9.99)
@Daniel Hood small bug: if I create a new forum and off inclusion in the search index, it does not apply and it is necessary to remove the second time, when editing forum.

Last edited:
@Daniel Hood I certainly understand it all, but you have 20+ addons are updated in a timely manner, why can't you take the time to update this? Bug with install (no callback to installer), bug with new forum inclusion. You gladly received $10 for the addon, but why with the same pleasure not update it? Maybe we need call @Brogan to set unmaintained prefix, so I have no more questions? Sorry for the rudeness, but I'm waiting for bug fixes is not the first month.

PS. Wrote negative about *******, and themselves...

@Daniel Hood I certainly understand it all, but you have 20+ addons are updated in a timely manner, why can't you take the time to update this? Bug with install (no callback to installer), bug with new forum inclusion. You gladly received $10 for the addon, but why with the same pleasure not update it? Maybe we need call @Brogan to set unmaintained prefix, so I have no more questions? Sorry for the rudeness, but I'm waiting for bug fixes is not the first month.

PS. Wrote negative about *******, and themselves...

1. The bug with install has been fixed, I swapped the zip. It didn't warrant an update because people that already had it running were fine and did not to update.
  2. The bug with creating a new forum and checking the box and having to check the box again is an inconvenience, it doesn't make the add on unoperable. Not saying I'm not going to fix it but please don't act like it's breaking your forum or is the biggest error of all time.
  3. "Gladly received $10 for the add on" - lol.
  4. I'm sincerly sorry that I forgot about this problem. I'm a busy person, you're the only person that has brought it up and it's a minor thing. It slipped out of my mind, I apologize for that but please keep things in perspective. It's $10 and the add on still works, you just have to check a box more than once (kind of, you could really just create the forum without checking the box, then edit it and check the box), it's inconvenient but honestly how big of a deal is it? Honestly, how often are you creating new nodes that you don't want indexed?
  5. What exactly does ******* have to do with this? I never made one comment on his code quality. I made comments on his ethics.

The bug with install has been fixed, I swapped the zip. It didn't warrant an update because people that already had it running were fine and did not to update.
Sorry, but no. I downloaded the archive a couple of days ago and the problem was on the spot.

Sorry if the post seemed harsh, but the lack of response to bugreports and became his cause. Judge for yourself - two bugs, one of which received a very long time ago, has no reaction except as messages on the forum. 10$ is not the largest amount, but it shows the attitude of the developer support and your ethics.

Sorry, but no. I downloaded the archive a couple of days ago and the problem was on the spot.
Well, that's my bad. I thought that I had swapped the zip with the new xml file. I just confirmed and you are right. Everything else I said still stands though.

Sorry if the post seemed harsh, but the lack of response to bugreports and became his cause. Judge for yourself - two bugs, one of which received a very long time ago, has no reaction except as messages on the forum. 10$ is not the largest amount, but it shows the attitude of the developer support and your ethics.
Not harsh, completely ridiculous. You are comparing someone that was executing arbitrary code, completely ignoring support questions, releasing other developers code as their own, stealing code/graphics from other developers/designers, etc to me forgetting about a bug that:

The bug with creating a new forum and checking the box and having to check the box again is an inconvenience, it doesn't make the add on unoperable. Not saying I'm not going to fix it but please don't act like it's breaking your forum or is the biggest error of all time.

Look, if you want your $10 I'll give it to you, uninstall my add on and I'll refund you.

Here's the deal: I have 20 add ons as you pointed out, most of which are more popular than this one. It's common sense that the most popular ones and the most popular issues are going to get the vast majority of my attentions. Yes, that causes me to sometimes forget about an issue on another one, it's unintentional but it happens. Once again, I apologize for that.

Let me know if you want your refund or let me know if you'd like to keep waiting.

So as this can't be bought and downloaded isn't it best for it to be deleted from the Resource manager on here

I'm using ES with XF 1.4.9 and just rebuilt my search index (I didn't check "Delete the index before rebuilding" though) after making sure to exclude a certain node from the index.

After a successful rebuild I keep finding threads from the node I excluded. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

You have to do this part. Otherwise only new content won't be indexed and old content will be due to it already being indexed.
I thought it did that by default when rebuilding, and that the option was for some debugging purpose. I did a re-run with the box checked and it works perfectly fine now. No threads from the excluded nodes are showing :)

Being unfamiliar with XF, I have to ask: If you have an Adminstrators Only node does XF index and display thread titles in that (private) node to general forum users (i.e. Registered) when a thread search is performed?

Content is filtered out of the search results based on user permissions by default.

This add on just enables you to hide public nodes from the search index. This is useful for off topic forums, classifieds, etc..

Last edited:
Kinda disappointing. I thought this mod would be setup so it instantly removes it from search indexes if unchecked or checked as a short term solution but it appears it's more setup for a longterm. Not blaming you but just can't use this as is. Basically wasted $10 here :/

Top Bottom