Xenith

Xenith 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
@Mike Creuzer
Hi, I was wondering how I would go about centering my logo on the page? I'd like to be able to center it and drop it down in towards the middle of the welcome block.

My second question is, is it possible to only display the welcome block on the home page? And going along with my above message, could I set it up to where the logo would only display in the middle of the welcome block on that page, and in it's regular spot on all other pages?

Thanks,
Tanner

Thank you for the update, there were no issues so far.

One question: how can we eliminate or reduce the left and right margins in responsive view? I have played with the responsive page wrapper (UI.X global settings) as well as with the responsive page width (Responsive Design), to no avail.

xenith-responsive.webp

Thank you!

Is there an overlay over the welcome block image now? How can I remove it?

Nevermind... found the opacity setting.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-9_23-31-44.webp
    upload_2015-12-9_23-31-44.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thank you for the update, there were no issues so far.

One question: how can we eliminate or reduce the left and right margins in responsive view? I have played with the responsive page wrapper (UI.X global settings) as well as with the responsive page width (Responsive Design), to no avail.

View attachment 123594

Thank you!

This may be a bug, still looking. For now, enter this in to your extra.css:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
.Responsive #content .pageWidth {margin-left:0; margin-right: 0;}
}

I'm using https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tag-essentials.4572/ and getting the following behaviour (pop-up appearing underneath everything) with Xenith ...

View attachment 123598

Discussion from https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tag-essentials-paid.104894/page-7#post-1014579 suggests it's related to z index usage from Xenith.
Doesn't occur with XF default theme.

In UI.X, we set a reasonable assumption about zindeces. This issue is not specific to this add-on. There needs to be a standardization of zindeces which there currently isn't one. We started one, and for something to not work with it just means it probably needs to adjust with respect to other components. Simply just having that add-on slightly increase their z-index would work since I imagine they arbitrarily set theirs, as with everything else in XenForo. We cannot fix every z-index issue, it is a side affect of having things like off canvas navigations, sticky elements, etc. This is not specific to our products I guess, even if it doesn't necessarily manifest itself in other themes.

Not a good answer, but short answer is just increase your z-index on that component. And make sure to check it against an open off canvas or sticky nav element.

Is there any @media code to hide the welcome bar on responsive/mobile phones?

Add this to extra.css

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth) {
.Responsive #uix_welcomeBlock {display: none;}
}

Hullo.

We're using Xenith and we have quite a few mobile members. For some reason, on the default style for Xenith without any modifications, it does this whenever you select the hamburger or profile.

DcWACcm.jpg

Any ideas?

What browser are you using? Your theme looks heavily modified when I check your site. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for responsive code... worked perfect.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

There is some unexpected behavior like this in certain browsers like Firefox. If you open the off-canvas and then try to swipe it away. The content from the canvas merges with forum content.

It works fine in safari and chrome.

Thanks for responsive code... worked perfect.

There is some unexpected behavior like this in certain browsers like Firefox. If you open the off-canvas and then try to swipe it away. The content from the canvas merges with forum content.

It works fine in safari and chrome.
Confirmed this bug.

There is nothing that ties the welcome block with the off canvas navs though, you sure that off canvas bug did go away?

Oops... it seems if you click on the right edge of the screen it behaves properly. But if you try to slide it off, it merges with the page.

*Mobile Firefox.

Simply just having that add-on slightly increase their z-index would work since I imagine they arbitrarily set theirs, as with everything else in XenForo.
I wouldn't say everything I do is arbitrarily set. Matter of fact, very little is, including this. I set the z-index to 2147483647 (which is the largest 32 bit signed integer possible -- the maximum for some browsers). I'm curious what your standardized version is.

I wouldn't say everything I do is arbitrarily set. Matter of fact, very little is, including this. I set the z-index to 2147483647 (which is the largest 32 bit signed integer possible -- the maximum for some browsers). I'm curious what your standardized version is.
In general, I can only assume everyone will arbitrarily set the z-index. An add-on, even one we would build, would be based only on whether or not it shows up in the context provided. Why would you ever need to consider sticky elements, full page modals, off canvas animations, etc. You have no reason to (since XenForo by default does not).

I guess what Im saying is that this is an issue no one can ever fix unless a standardization of zindeces is made.

Top Bottom