XenForo, Writing, and Resurrection

I've been a writer for 15 years and currently have a WP at www.christicehurst.com - I've been looking at the idea of using XenForo however I'm unsure if I want to build up a forum board again. I tried talking to my big forum board about using XenForo but they shot it quickly saying it was plain and missing features. So I have moved to the idea of using it for a writing forum about my own writings.

It might also be the first XenForo forum about a writer! What do people think of the idea?

You should do it - and maybe open it up to other writers too. If nothing else it'll give you a fun way to "publish" your writing. :)

It's funny how people focus on the "plain" like that's a bad thing - too many years of forums that are lit up like the Vegas strip, I guess? But the "plain" is what makes it so postable. All the frills in the world don't matter if nobody's posting.

I used to own a writing forum which other would post but closed it because of copyright issues and writers removing their stuff all the time. I really don't like to go down that path again

xenForo being Plain? I've got sites that are modified to the gills and xenForo in its 'plain' state has a lot of what I have on those other sites already in the BETA stage :)

It's great that you are doing your own research about xenForo. Ask any question as you have xenForo fan learning by the minute here at xenForo.com :D

xenForo being Plain? I've got sites that are modified to the gills and xenForo in its 'plain' state has a lot of what I have on those other sites already in the BETA stage :)

It's great that you are doing your own research about xenForo. Ask any question as you have xenForo fan learning by the minute here at xenForo.com :D

Yes I'm learning about it more and more, now I'm missing a logo to go with the possible forum. Hmmmm

Some updates, it will be kept to WP because it just suits the way we want it to be. For my football forum Xenforo is the right fit. Projects amd ideas are based on what is the right fit and I can see it with those two. The new site is christicehurst.net

We might have a Xenforo article in the mix.

Top Bottom