XenForo with GoDaddy

Brian Mak

Will all the features of XenForo such as email, addons, themes, etc. work with GoDaddy's Shared Linux Web Hosting. I am currently using the economy plan. Are there any special configuring I need to do to set up the emailing, addons, or themes with my host plan. GoDaddy claims to have put Exim as the MTA on the shared host.

You are overthinking, imo. You probably wouldn't see problems until you outgrow cheap shared hosting. But until then you will be saving some money.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2424725,00.asp
That's list of hosts to avoid. Most of them belong to same company that runs HostGator, BlueHost and many other hosts. They are overselling, their support is non existent.

If you want to find a host, look at third party offers forum or ask for deal on webhostingtalk.com forum.

That's list of hosts to avoid. Most of them belong to same company that runs HostGator, BlueHost and many other hosts. They are overselling, their support is non existent.

If you want to find a host, look at third party offers forum or ask for deal on webhostingtalk.com forum.

Shared hosting is always oversold, no matter what a host might say. They operate on the all you can eat buffet model.

But it's a cheap and effective way to start a new 0 members forum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom