xenforo wikipedia shows inaccurate info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a deliberately false entry.

I have logged in with my Wikipedia account and removed it.

Spammers are very sad indeed, they look for any opportunity that exists.

This scum will be back to do it again, blacklist his forum as a spammer owned one guys.

Don't you guys think his spam worked ??

He has a live link in the first post in this thread, LOL !!!

PS: Sorry, he has 2 live links in the opening post, not one !!!

Spammers are very sad indeed, they look for any opportunity that exists.

This scum will be back to do it again, blacklist his forum as a spammer owned one guys.

Don't you guys think his spam worked ??

He has a live link in the first post in this thread, LOL !!!

PS: Sorry, he has 2 live links in the opening post, not one !!!

How do you know he posted his own site, and not a competitor's site?

So a competitive forum admin forum spams Wikipedia and points 2 links back to this guys new admin forum to destroy his reputation ?

LOL man !!

I have seen morons running forums who would use Xrumer spam script to spam other forums to drive traffic to their forum, to me these people are scum of the earth.

So if someone is a customer that gives them the right to spam ?

I saw that over at IPB and complained to Matt about it and he looked the other way, thinking it was fine to spam the official forums as long as you were a customer.

Read my post above.

The customer you refer to alerted us to the problem and isn't in fact spamming the forum as you claim.

indeed, im not spaming, that domain is not even mine. brogan or any xf staff can confirm that my licensed domain is totally different, please try to make better judgment before you post here.
the whole reason to make this thread to get the attention wether if i was right or not that the wikipedia entries was inaccurate information.

I did not say you were spamming, I said that this guys spamming worked because you ended up posting two live links on this forum to the 'so called resolving spam link left in Wikipedia'.

I should not have to explain it to webmasters or forum admin's.

I guess the competition did it, sending traffic to this forum via spam to make him look like the bad guy.

Right ??

I guess the competition did it, sending traffic to this forum via spam to make him look like the bad guy.
Actually, this is a vastly used method in online marketing. The way Google works, automatically, you don't need to risk your own sites, instead you spam the competition, and Google does its "automatic" thing eventually, and devalues the competition. Been used for many many years now, and extremely effective.

The competing site thinks things are going ok, traffic is building, then at a given point, usually anything up to 12 months, Google will suddenly devalue the site and it drops of the face. Do that to enough of your competition, and you go up, your competitors have been punished, then it is their responsibility to get Google to lift automatic filtering, whilst now your site gets all the rewards for usually a much longer term.

Very effective, very dirty... but it works. Web results are an extremely competitive industry, and marketers will use all and any tactics to keep their clients as clients.

You are assuming something here Anthony, that someone is working negative SEO, the owner could have also hired some moron SPAM-E-O to drive traffic to his site, I would bet you will never know the true facts on this.

Well spotted and very interesting it's happened, very easy to point a finger of blame here like AnthonyCea has, but you just don't know who might have done it? Have you checked any other links also?

I think its now quit easy to point 1 finger to who is responsible for this whole unneeded mess.

Some people just like to mess with people's or sites there reputation and sadly most of them succeed.

Your never going to really know who did this. No offence to Kaiser and I'm not saying it was him or anything, but it would have been a very crafty trick done to push lots of traffic his way to gain members fast.

Just saying. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom