XenForo - What are you currently working on?

Okay since you must know ...

Am toying with the idea of what I guess I'll call xenLibrary, a free add-on that allows members to list their books/dvds etc. Perfectly useless to the world I know but something a few people have asked me if they could have on various sites.
Hey now that sounds great! I'd use it if I do open an Aspie site.

Oh he's gone and done it again Peggy. Enticing us.
he's so bad...

I'm waiting for someone to figure out why I can't create a new child style, and meanwhile I'm doing nothing in case I accidentally make things even worse. :p

I would love a recipe system.. maybe a version of this??? ;)

Oh I think we can get something happening for that, the old "Big Book" approach ;) Must have a natter in someone's ear about additional templates for Xen and whether or not that's a kosher approach. Actually think I have a design for a recipe system on my hard disk somewhere :)

Working on, in this order:
  1. Staying sober
  2. Toolbar for our site
  3. Staying sober
  4. Finalising our style
  5. Not adding new phrases then forgetting what I called them (related to staying sober)
  6. Adding thread titles to the Last Post box
  7. Adding Likes Given to various areas of the site
  8. Aaaah sod it, that was too much ... going for a drink.

Part of the style I'm making so far.

Attachments

• Header.webp
    Header.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 36
I was thinking the "library" could be quite broadly interprweted.
If you made the fields in it have editable labels then it could store recipes, books, DVDs, mods, links, code snippets ...

In fact I'd love to have a store cupboard onsite where I could put posts/ threads/ external links - re XF mods, plus code snippets.
There ought to be one here.

I'm coming from vb and have always been able to hack styles and create plugins/code to do what I need, however - I'm not a "programmer/coder/web developer" (as anyone who has had a close look at my 'work' can probably work out) and XF seems to require a higher skillset to what I currently have in order to create addons for it.

I have several addons for vb which essentailly are stand alone php scripts which only use vb as an authentication system and make use of some vb stuff like talking with the db and 'cleaning' data.

So what am I working on? Trying to wrap my head around objects/classes/methods etc (1st time I've had to look at it) and then trying to apply that to xenforo so that I may convert my custom addons over. It's got my head in a spin!

Top Bottom