XF 2.0 Xenforo & VPN question

So I'd like to secure my board from banned members. I recently viewed another board and tried to create an account with a vpn (medium base forum.) It didn't allow me to make an account and displayed a message: you were detected on the "1. why ya hidin database" and 2. "Hidin ain't easy database" curious if that's an addon available that anyone here knows of? I know for sure it's not custom because all of their plugins used are from here.

My second question is how did that board know I'm on a vpn? Wouldn't a tunnel over tcp 443 go undiscovered?

Hello,

It's very well possible that the board you viewed were using pseudo ipv4 headers via Cloudflare. What this is, is a way to show VPN ip addresses as regular ip addresses. It gives users with a VPN a unique ip address identifier even though their on a VPN and gives you the ability to ban them.

As for what it said, it's possible they changed one of the phrases but not sure if it's an add-on either. You can easily change a phrase to get certain words to be said instead of what's default. Hope that helped.

EDIT: I just realized you weren't banned on the forum you viewed and got a little confused. Anyways it may be possible to block ipv6 ip addresses so that's possible in him blocking the VPN

Top Bottom