1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo version of WP - Rocket Lazy Load plugin :)

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by RoldanLT, Jan 21, 2015.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Rocket Lazy Load
    The tiny Lazy Load script for WordPress without jQuery or others libraries.

More Info: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rocket-lazy-load/

It works really good on WP powered sites, I hope someone will port it to XenForo :).
  2. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I'm planning on having a look at this.

As I'ld love it so I don't blow away my mobile phone quota when looking vaguely near an image thread.
    RoldanLT likes this.
  3. RoldanLT

Waiting for that :)
  4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I've got a rough version done; https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-LazyImageLoader

Only affects the [img] and [attach] tags.

Todo list:
    • Add configurable for the threshold to load images before the user loads them
    • Permissions on what groups get lazy loading applied to threads/conversations they view.

Known bugs;
    • You will need to wiggle the page for it to realise a spoiler has opened up. JS issue I haven't had time to solve.
    • Uses <noscript> to show the original url to users without javascript. May impact SEO, don't really care unless someone pays for this feature.
    RoldanLT likes this.
  5. RoldanLT

Works as expected for me :)
    Can you please add support for XenForo Media Gallery, Signatures, RM pages and Avatars?
    I'm willing to donate a small amount (maybe small for you but really big money for me already :D) for this addon :)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  6. RoldanLT

Bug: Doesn't work on RM pages.
    And viewing the source doesn't have /js/SV/LazyImageLoader/jquery.unveil.js included.
  7. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

It is actually by design that it only supports threads & conversations (but it should have been doing signatures before), as I didn't want to go hitting every image on a site and then having to support exceptions.

Next version I'm about to upload will put the jquery.unveil.js on most pages incase it needs to be used.
    RoldanLT likes this.
  8. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

RoldanLT likes this.