1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo Vb Theme

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GCSkye, Oct 7, 2010.

1. GCSkye

GCSkye Active Member

I've recreated the XenForo theme for VB to help create a further awareness of the XenForo brand. I'm curious of how much of this is ok to do. Would using the xenForo logo and post icons be ok, or is this a violation of xenForos copyright?

Looking forward to friendly, helpful responses.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It's definitely a violation of XenForo's copyright to use their logo and any graphics.
    Especially to create a theme for vB.
  3. GCSkye

GCSkye Active Member

Thank you, all I needed to know. If anymore info comes up, please pm me. I am removing all aspects of it now.
  4. Tim

Tim Active Member

You could create a graphic that didn't infringe on xenForo's trade mark, but still conveyed your message. I don't believe that breaks any laws.
  5. Cip

Cip New Member

Draw your own interpretation of the xF logo! :p
    As for smileys; I think most forum owners use custom smiley packs anyhow ;)
  6. whitetigergrowl

whitetigergrowl Active Member

Rather than create a theme of XF for VB, why not just use the real deal? ;)
  7. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I can't imagine using the color scheme and such could be breaking any laws either. Obviously using their logo does, but I think you can still make it work.

*Unless I'm wrong.
  8. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

I can see how this could get around members being caught off guard with a change to XenForo. One of my members has actually said he won't come to the site ever again :confused:

Could be good as an option to have a familiar VB3 style - doesn't need to have the exact icons. I'm pretty sure someone made a VB3 style for IPB2 (and vice versa).
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

IMO it's not worth dressing up a pig. Because at the end of the day it's still a pig.
    Dragonfly, Nasr, anotheralias and 5 others like this.
  10. p4guru

p4guru Well-Known Member

LOL.. but it will be a pretty pig!
  11. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Hey it's been a nice pig for many years, have some respect. If anything, that poor pig is being inhumanely treated by it's simpleton owners ;)
    Marc likes this.
  12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Excellent comment LMAO
  13. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

LOL I was trying to think of what to write, this sums it up. lol