Xenforo User Map [Deleted]

I have the same issue as mono with 1.0.6.
EDIT - just saw the command line directions in the install.txt file. I will give that a try.

mopedmap.webp

It says "MopedMap" in the menu, as opposed to "UserMap" - unfortunately "Mopedmap" makes no sense to my users at all.... :( ???

Strange - it now says "Usermap" - Does it install as Mopedmap and rename it??? :D

This is a very nice add-on! Our site members like it a lot.
Since this uses the member’s location, at least on my site, very few members have a location entered in their profiles (currently ~1100 out of ~34000), so in order to promote this I added the following to the mopedmap_users_locations_drawn phrase:

HTML:
<br />Not listed? Add a location to your <a href="/community/account/personal-details">account settings</a>.

This extra line so far has proven helpful to our members and I’ve already seen an increase in locations during the first few days since deployed.
Hope this helps anyone else here that runs into the same situation.

Just a fair warning, Phrase edits may get removed when there’s an update. It’d be nice if the developer (@localhost8080) decides to add this line to the add-on itself but it’s up to him of course :)

BTW, here’s a snapshot of mine. I put little Beetles :)

GCF_User_Map.webp

Thank you for that tip NSL.

I just added it to mine as well.

By the way - I was wondering about this... after a user adds a location - how quickly does the map pick it up? Is there a cron job for this?

Thank you for that tip NSL.

I just added it to mine as well.

By the way - I was wondering about this... after a user adds a location - how quickly does the map pick it up? Is there a cron job for this?
Glad it helped! ;)

The map geolocates instantly on new locations and/or updates as far as I've seen.

Good to know thanks.

When I 1st imported users per install.txt I saw a lot of errors loading locations - what is the proper format for a location. Just the City? City, State? (Sorry if I missed this elsewhere)

AFAIK, Google Maps will geolocate anything it finds on its maps, be it name of City, State, Country, Street Addresses, etc. If it does not find the location then it won't geolocate it, i.e. location: Everywhere, or location: Tycho Crater, Moon.
Hope this helps.

Interesting. Thanks. Not sure why I had so many errors. Some people would put sentences in there, so those were obvious.

It appears the errors are related to rate limits - set by Google right?
You have exceeded your rate-limit for this API.

Where I see the errors is when I run the Geocli.php script. I see a lot of these:

error on gelolocating location BURBANK, CA...
error on gelolocating location BURBANK, CA....
error on gelolocating location BURLESON, TX,TEXAS...
error on gelolocating location BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ...
error on gelolocating location BURLINGTON, NJ 08016...
error on gelolocating location BURLINGTON, ONTARIO, CANADA...
error on gelolocating location BURLINGTON, ONTARIO. CANADA...
error on gelolocating location BURLINGTON,NJ...
error on gelolocating location BURNABY B.C...
error on gelolocating location BURNABY BC...
error on gelolocating location BURNABY, BC...
error on gelolocating location BURNABY, BC,BRITISH_COLUMBIA...
error on gelolocating location BURNHAM UK...
error on gelolocating location BURTON, MI,MICHIGAN...
error on gelolocating location BUSHKILL, PENNSYLVANIA...
error on gelolocating location BUTLER,PA...
error on gelolocating location BY ST LOUIS MO...
error on gelolocating location CALGARY...
error on gelolocating location CALGARY AB CANADA...
error on gelolocating location CALGARY ALBERTA CANADA...
error on gelolocating location CALGARY, AB, WHERE THE 4 SEASONS ARE JUNE, JULY, A...
error on gelolocating location CALGARY, AB,ALBERTA...
error on gelolocating location CALIGIRL...
error on gelolocating location CALISLE CUMBRIA (UK) NR LAKE DISTRICT....
error on gelolocating location CAMBERLEY, U.K...
error on gelolocating location CAMBODIA...
error on gelolocating location CAMBRIDGE NY...
error on gelolocating location CANADA, OTTAWA, ONTARIO...
error on g

Aye. I did. However it always starts with the letter 'A' and stops at about the same place. Is there a way to get it to start where it left off?

Hi, I've installed this and really like it, thank you very much.

However would it be possible to have the following options:

• Default load position: User location. This would be a tick box, and if selected when the user looks at the map if as default loads at their position. If they are not logged in or there is no location set, if loads at the default long/lat.
  • Member details on mouseover. It's great to see all these pins, but it would be really great to just be able to hover your mouse over the pin and the member's name and possibly a thumbnail of their avatar to display?
Cheers

Hi @localhost8080 ,

Would any of these be possible?

Hi, I've installed this and really like it, thank you very much.

However would it be possible to have the following options:

• Default load position: User location. This would be a tick box, and if selected when the user looks at the map if as default loads at their position. If they are not logged in or there is no location set, if loads at the default long/lat.
  • Member details on mouseover. It's great to see all these pins, but it would be really great to just be able to hover your mouse over the pin and the member's name and possibly a thumbnail of their avatar to display?
Cheers

1) sure. but this takes time. I'll put this on my list.

2) if you click a pin, you will see a frame with usernames+profilelinks

Really nice add-on!

We have around 15.000 members. Wouldn't it be possible to only show the active members on the map?

15.000 users are no problem. I'm testing my code with ybout 56k users.

But I guess you won't have 15.000 locations to display. If so, use clustered mode.

Please execute following sql and tell me your result, please :-)

Code:
select count(distinct(upper(xf_user_profile.location))) from xf_user_profile

Top Bottom