1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo use MD5 or other for password ?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Zephyr, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Hello, I would like know if Xenforo use MD5 or other for encrypt password please.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It uses bcrypt.
    Zephyr likes this.
  3. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Thank you, and you know where I can find (inside xenforo files) an example of usage (during registration) ?
    I create a bridge Drupal 8 <=> Xenforo, and the password encryption on Drupal need to be the same as Xenforo for work without problem and with security.
  4. Brogan

Are you developing an add-on?

You have posted in the general feedback forum, not the developer support forum.
  5. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Yes, I create an addon, but not Xenforo, Drupal.
    On my project : Drupal work with Xenforo, Xenforo don't work with Drupal (I use XenAPI). But I need to know how generate a password from Drupal for Xenforo.

Sorry if I am to the wrong place, I don't know where place my message for need help.
  6. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Could you please confirm if bcrypt is used even if you didn't started from scratch but from a migration of vBulletin 3?

7. Brogan

It has been in use since 1.2.

It will be converted to bcrypt the next time they log in.
  8. Zephyr

Zephyr Well-Known Member

Else you can use PasswordHash.php inside xenforo core for create an hashed password compatible with Xenforo.