XF 1.2 XenForo subscription - Worth resubscribing?

maxwolfie

I have an expired XF licence which ran out in January 2014. I was considering paying the $40 to subscribe again for 1.3.x however it seems that XenPorta will only work on 1.2.x anyways?

In that case am I better off simply installing 1.2.4 (the latest version I can acquire) and XenPorta 1.6.0, and once the new version of XenPorta comes out (if/when Jaxel releases it) I can then pay the $40 to update to the latest XF (and of course, pay Jaxel for his release)?

What I am mainly getting at is if 1.2.4 is stable/secure, is there really any huge benefit to upgrade right now?

I have an expired XF licence which ran out in January 2014. I was considering paying the $40 to subscribe again for 1.3.x however it seems that XenPorta will only work on 1.2.x anyways?

In that case am I better off simply installing 1.2.4 (the latest version I can acquire) and XenPorta 1.6.0, and once the new version of XenPorta comes out (if/when Jaxel releases it) I can then pay the $40 to update to the latest XF (and of course, pay Jaxel for his release)?

What I am mainly getting at is if 1.2.4 is stable/secure, is there really any huge benefit to upgrade right now?
If you want new features that are in 1.3.* i guess, then you might want to renew your license. Or perhaps if you run into issues and need to raise a support ticket.

Personally, if you are happy without the new bells and whistles, dont mind being out of support, and your license has lapsed, then perhaps wait for the next big jump in release before renewing. I just renew because i like to keep my forum upto date, but everyone is different.

Really depends if you want the new features which are listed here: - http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/?prefix_id=34

Also depends on if you want to have ticket support as well as the great community support you already have.

As far as I'm aware, XenPorta does work fine with the latest version of XenForo. I'm not currently using it though.

Up to you.

I'm using XenPorta on 1.3 without any issues :/

Like others have said it depends on if you want the new features and ticket support :)

Liam

Although I don't use XenPorta on my site, I still have it installed and working as expected on my test site which is running the latest version of Xenforo.

Personally I will always pay the yearly $40 fee - it's not a lot really, I continue to get the nice new features and although I've never used the ticket support I know it's there if I need it. Finally, I think Kier, Mike and Ashley deserve my money each year to go towards them earn them a living and to enable them to keep on developing Xenforo.

Personally I will always pay the yearly $40 fee - it's not a lot really, I continue to get the nice new features and although I've never used the ticket support I know it's there if I need it. Finally, I think Kier, Mike and Ashley deserve my money each year to go towards them earn them a living and to enable them to keep on developing Xenforo.
Agree. I updated one site in May that was due that month and went ahead and did the other two that were coming up in June and July.

Top Bottom