XenForo Server Setup Guide Part 3 (CentOS, OpenLiteSpeed, Percona) (With Pictures!)

XenForo Server Setup Guide Part 3 (CentOS, OpenLiteSpeed, Percona) (With Pictures!)

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Slavik submitted a new resource:

XenForo Server Setup Guide Part 3 (CentOS, OpenLiteSpeed, Percona) (With Pictures!) - An easy to follow quick setup guide for a powerful XenForo server stack. Part 3 of 3

Pre-Word and Disclaimer
This guide may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part with out the express written permission of Slavik at XenForo.com. The author takes no responsbility for any steps, in part, or in whole, undertaken by users of this guide and does not guarantee against any losses, material or otherwise.

Introduction

In...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent guide and a life saver. Thanks a lot. :)

If you mentioned it in the guide I missed it, but is there a way to change the default PHPMyAdmin htaccess login from test : test123 to something else?

@Slavik Thank you very much for this guide.

I've added :
Code:
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
To my IPTable rules and using locally installed HeidiSql through SSH tunnel. It seems much more simpler and secure than installing phpmyadmin. Do you see any downsides?

Try re-setting up the password protection.

What version of OLS are you running?

But I dont know how to register new domain, especially new subdomain to a folder in this TUT. Can you give me some example code in SSH?

This is the hosting part only, the domain registration is done elsewhere at a company like namecheap

This is the hosting part only, the domain registration is done elsewhere at a company like namecheap
They said I have to A record to IP server, but I dont know which IP and when domain already DNS, where to add subdomain on server ?
Plz help me as I am newbie and dont know English very well.

They said I have to A record to IP server, but I dont know which IP and when domain already DNS, where to add subdomain on server ?
Plz help me as I am newbie and dont know English very well.

I dont know what your trying to say im afraid.

When I configed my VPS as you told, I want to add more subdomain and domain to VPS, can you give me the command to to this ?

Ah right,

You would need to create new folders (where the DEFAULT) folder is, then create a new vhost in the LiteSpeed Panel using the folders you just made, and then assign a listener to it.

I don't have the time to create an in-depth how to do this, but give it a go, see how you manage and post a thread in the server / hosting support forum if your still struggling.

Thank you for the guide! What do you use to manage OpenLitespeed with cpanel/whm deployment? I understand there is no integration with cpanel for opensource version.

Top Bottom