XF 1.1 XenForo RSS date topic created

Rodolfo

Hi there, I don't know if this is a error or is bad config in my XF installation. Thing is that I've using RSS Graffiti to push my forum RSS to Facebook but everytime a response is made on a topic it push again the content in my Facebook page.

It seems that XenForo is actually using the last post date instead of the topic creation date. This means that RSS Graffiti thinks that something is new but it doesn't and submit the content every time. This is annoying because I have several updates on my Facebook page with the same topic, just because the date is wrong.

My question is how can I set RSS feed to populate by topic creation date instead of last post date.

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php

Add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
		$threadFetchOptions = $fetchElements['options'] + array(
			'perPage' => $threadsPerPage,
			'page' => $page,
			//'order' => $order,
			'order' => ($this->_routeMatch->getResponseType() == 'rss' ? 'post_date' : $order),
			'orderDirection' => $orderDirection
		);

Add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
'page' => $page,
//'order' => $order,
'order' => ($this->_routeMatch->getResponseType() == 'rss' ? 'post_date' : $order),
);
I've been meaning to look up a solution for this. Thank you so much!

Sorry for bump this but it seems to be a issue when the forum has sticky topics because in the RSS this topics are always all the way to the top and when a new topic appears it does under the sticky ones and the rss parser fetch all the elements again.

There is a way to skip the sticky status in the RSS feed?

Sorry for bump this but it seems to be a issue when the forum has sticky topics because in the RSS this topics are always all the way to the top and when a new topic appears it does under the sticky ones and the rss parser fetch all the elements again.

There is a way to skip the sticky status in the RSS feed?

Are you sure? I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior. Sticky threads are not always at the top of the feed on my forum.

Add the red code:

Rich (BB code):
            'page' => $page,
            //'order' => $order,
        );

Has anyone worked out how to achieve this for XF2? RSS by new thread date, rather than last reply date.

Top Bottom