Lack of interest Xenforo Roster

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

GAP

There are many occasions where I need to display a group or a set of groups and their members on one simple page. Here is an example (ignore the STEAM ID stuff): http://hellsgamers.com/roster.html

The above example is a gaming clan roster. It shows the basic idea. It will be extremely helpful to have something like this in Xenforo by default. Be it for a gaming roster, a donator roster, a VIP roster, admin roster, staff roster, etc.. Even a "recently banned from thread" roster will be nice.

A roster, in combination with custom user fields, will be something really powerful for those of us who need to in some way or another inform our forum users of who belongs to what group/rank, etc..

The "Members" feature of Xenforo is awesome, but it doesn't quite capture the idea and simplicity of a roster page.

I'm sure many will find this feature useful.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I second that. I'm actually surprised that nobody has come up with a plugin/add-on like this yet.

Hell even SMF has a simple applications plugin where you fill out fields and then they get dropped in to threads in a category you specify. Then when approved those people get moved on to the roster.

I second that. I'm actually surprised that nobody has come up with a plugin/add-on like this yet.

Hell even SMF has a simple applications plugin where you fill out fields and then they get dropped in to threads in a category you specify. Then when approved those people get moved on to the roster.

I actually have a roster add-on I coded that is *mostly* done. I could release it now, as is, but won't until I finish adding in a php callback function which I need for my custom data. I'm hoping to add this in sometime in the near future.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. I'm looking to build a XenForo site specifically for a gaming clan and being able to have an application that can translate to a roster would be a definite asset.

I'd call it a list, not exactly a roster. Sounds like you want to grab a list of users in a certain group, and show certain fields of content.

I actually have a roster add-on I coded that is *mostly* done. I could release it now, as is, but won't until I finish adding in a php callback function which I need for my custom data. I'm hoping to add this in sometime in the near future.

Lawrence, I have been following your plugin development for months now. This needs to be tackled by the Xenforo dev team. Like MichaelCS said, even SMF, a free forum, has this option build into the forum.

Hopefully this thread gets enough buzz and catches the developers attention.

Lawrence, I have been following your plugin development for months now. This needs to be tackled by the Xenforo dev team. Like MichaelCS said, even SMF, a free forum, has this option build into the forum.

Hopefully this thread gets enough buzz and catches the developers attention.
Boards like SMF also have useless features, and lack good features. Honestly, it's impossible to build in basically every addon into the core, that's why addons exist, things that some webmasters will need, but not the majority. Anyway, I think this should be an addon, not part of the core.

This is far more complicated and insanely expensive.

Boards like SMF also have useless features, and lack good features. Honestly, it's impossible to build in basically every addon into the core, that's why addons exist, things that some webmasters will need, but not the majority. Anyway, I think this should be an addon, not part of the core.

Xenforo allows for donations, user upgrades and promotions. It makes sense that some Xenforo admins might want to display those donators/VIP/promoted users. Clearly such a functionally is not useless...for I, and few others already have a need/use for it. I'm not looking for a Xenforo feature that does my taxes. I'm looking for a simple and intuitive way to display groups and their respective users - something which is quite useful if you have groups and users belonging to them.

One a side note I have used SMF, and found most of its core features useful. The few that were not useful to me, were useful to others. Not one core feature was useless.

There will always be someone finding something useful. It should only be core if the majority want it. This is more suited for a plugin, not core.

Top Bottom