XenForo Permissions

Charlie J

Hello,
I am having issues on XenForo where I don't have permissions to go to places, I contacted my host and they said that I can do this myself by going to /etc/Apache

Could anybody tell me what permissions I need to add for Xenforo as I also have sub folders in my Xenforo I don't want others to access.

The following error occurred:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /library/XenForo/index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at Myurl port 80

Could anyone help me with the rules I have to use for Mod_Security and where I put them
Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    RewriteBase /

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>
I use mod security on centos as well. This going in your main folder ".htaccess" basically the folder where admin.php is.

This looks similar to my existing .htaccess file, however it says I don't have Permission, that has something todo with mod security

EDIT: Dw it works :D

Last edited:
As has been communicated to you several times, if you don't know how to set up and configure a server, you shouldn't be with an unmanaged host.

I would recommend switching back to a managed service or employing a sysadmin.

Nah I prefer dedicated due to then I can learn this stuff along the way, the .htaccess file works :D how can I block a certain folder containing say sensitive data so only certain people can see it which would be me

Nah I prefer dedicated due to then I can learn this stuff along the way, the .htaccess file works :D how can I block a certain folder containing say sensitive data so only certain people can see it which would be me
Its understandable Charlie, we all have to learn somehow. Anyways, in my internal_data folder i have this in the .htaccess

Code:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

I am using Linux Centos 6.6, could you tell me what that does and where it is located.
Its understandable Charlie, we all have to learn somehow. Anyways, in my internal_data folder i have this in the .htaccess

Code:
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

Oh ah gotcha, where do I put the data from the link u sent me?
Eg
Deny from all
Do I make a file inside the directory I wish to block?

Oh ah gotcha, where do I put the data from the link u sent me?
Eg
Deny from all
Do I make a file inside the directory I wish to block?
You create a .htaccess file and put what you wish in it. You may have to create it as a .txt file but then when you upload it just rename it to ".htaccess"

Top Bottom