Lack of interest xenForo: Official Social Commutation ( Voice chat or Chatroom Integration)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

aasajjj

Hello,

Suggestion:
Add some type of official social commutation to the forum, something that may include:

- Voice Chat.
- Chatroom with Webcam.

What I said here was a suggestion, so lets say you don't like the idea what so ever. Ok, give the option for admins to enable the feature. Ok, you like the idea but not the webcam idea, ok firstly you would not have to broadcast yourself or have it up to the admins to enable/disable webcam broadcasting.

Overall:
Having a social commutation such as voice chat really adds quality to the forum, it enriches the forum community and makes the members come back. Lets say you have 200 members in a forum, you would usually get 20-40 out of 200 members that would always be coming back to the forum because of the social interacting and building friendly relationships.

The great thing about this is, its not just some random chatroom. Its a community forum and everyone is on that forum because they most likely share the similar interest, having the same interest to other people with social interacting such as voice chat integrated with the forum would seriously leave a strong deep impact on the forum and the members.

Have some ideas,concerns,something you spot to add/change, if you do then please respond below and give your own opinion and suggestion on it, how you would change it .

Thank You.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Is there another site for this kind of thing? Facebook? Or that thingy ma jig google hangout?
Hello,

Ok so lets say you come across a forum that you like. The forum subject fits you perfectly.

Ok, lets say the forum domain for example is: flowerforumcommunity.com . The forum is based around flowers and gardens.
The people joining the forum (98%) of them have extreme interests and passion for flowers,gardens,etc.

On that forum it would include a voice chat integration (a feature). Or a chatroom feature.
You will of course not get every member really into the voice chat/chatroom feature but the ones that start to get into the voice chat/chatroom are really the base members of the forum and have true passion and love for the forum, When you have both of that it would mean the people in the chat might want to meet up, become real good friends, start talking on chat programs and then decide to meet up. You even get families from forums meeting up from different countries and have a great time.

And the thing is what makes it different from random chatrooms. Its a lot different by googling chatrooms and going to the first link and meeting up.

You have the forums as the core.
Code:
[+Forum]
[- Members that are passionate,friendly,love the forum,make the community stronger,etc]
  [- Social interaction integrated in the forum such as chatrooms or teamspeak ]
    [ - Builds relationships, make the person be into the forum more ,etc ]
      [ - Some will meet true great friends with the forum and will have a positive impact on their life.  ]

The main idea is to have some sort of base and core social interaction along with the forum such as teamspeak,chatroom,voice chat,etc
This will enrich the forum overall and increase members likeness of the forum.

No offense but chatrooms take activity away from forums and since xenforo core is forums the last thing they would want to do is create a diversion from that and take activity from their business. I mean, this is just my opinion the devs might very well embrace the suggestion you've made (however they will do this).

No offense but chatrooms take activity away from forums and since xenforo core is forums the last thing they would want to do is create a diversion from that and take activity from their business. I mean, this is just my opinion the devs might very well embrace the suggestion you've made (however they will do this).
Okay, your right about the chatroom.

My point was you still have the forum as the core but you have the chatroom as an extra feature by the side for members to chat together at certain times or events. So each friday all the members would go to the chat feature and talk.

Or you could have voice chat, having voice chat in the background of the forum. Having a mini-vent on the forum. Of course this would be a feature to be disabled/enabled and disabled by members.

This should be 3rd party. Something like this should never be part of the core.
That's great feedback you have there, Thank You.
Ok, so you think this suggestion should be 3rd party.

Would you feel the same way if it was a good and strong built feature by xenforo to buy like in IPB you can buy ip.chat.

I believe there is already a suggestion for this, I'll look for it tonight. Also, since voice chat and chat rooms are two completely different suggestions (different technologies), they should be separate per the forum rules.

Would you feel the same way if it was a good and strong built feature by xenforo to buy like in IPB you can buy ip.chat.

Yes, even if it was official, it should still be an add-on like ES and RM are, it should not come as part of the core product.

Just gimme video chat and I'm good.
Hey,

When we had a IPB forum running, we had an addon called tinychat. He added tinychat to the forum. So it was a feature that members could go to. It was so god dam awesome, it kept the whole forum together and kept everyone really tight. The community was strong and it made it stick out compared to all other forums.

A common issue with many people is the desire to Command & Conquer selfishly.

With regards to Internet website administration the same rule applies: A common issue with many web administration is the desire to provide every aspect of the internet within their domain for the sake of being "the internet within the internet" rather than to effectively cover the basis to service the need or use of their domain.

The initial drive to most any web administration is really nothing more than "Stay on my website because I get paid when you are here, and get nothing when you are on anyone else' domain". Advertising and promoting 3rd party products for the sake of quick easy income, has removed our intuition and our the intentions of those in control of said identities. Lets just blame this on a distorted "If you build it they will come" complex. It is more often than not, the web admin is driven more by selfish greed rather than desire to understand & improve upon technological evolution for some day providing a global convenience without charge/fee. But of course selfishness and greed are our God Given Rights due the excuse of SIN... Ignorance of the suffering of others in order to live & prosper... AK.K.A The American Dream.

I guess what I am saying is as an admin, ask yourself what you are offering the community you wish to serve with your domain and if they will benefit by your website functions and features. What needs improvement, what works, what duddn't work... lol.

At the end of the day, the internet has become the new place to hang out and become what was once considered "The Mad Scientist"... You can thank Hackers movie for all the young minds it conditioned into thinking they had to be the next best thing with a Camo-laptop. lol

Last edited:
Okay, your right about the chatroom.

My point was you still have the forum as the core but you have the chatroom as an extra feature by the side for members to chat together at certain times or events. So each friday all the members would go to the chat feature and talk.

Or you could have voice chat, having voice chat in the background of the forum. Having a mini-vent on the forum. Of course this would be a feature to be disabled/enabled and disabled by members.

I have a number of ideas for the evolution of this script, but the big guy seems to be too busy to get back to me. Wish I had a team of coders to work with.

yoooooo ever been to the beach and your just chilling, minding your business and then a wave comes knocks you over? Yeah that's what wall of text just did to me. Caught me off guard. I agree with most of it though.

Sorry DRE. Really was not my intention to run off on a Rant but as they say "Stuff happens" lol ;) I also did not mean to bomb your thread aasajjj. Nor discourage you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom