xenforo node permissions based from sub usergroups

cobra959

Hello all,

When someone purchase's an upgrade with my board they will get a new sub usergroup "Vip Group", that I have set forum permissions to but they are not allowed to see the sections because of there registered usergroup which is always the default group. With upgrades you cannot set the default or main group to the "Vip" Sub group so the permissions seem to fall under the registered.

Is there a fix or another way to allow the sub group "Vip" to see these forum sections without allowing the registered?

I do not want to take away the registered permissions to all forums thow, Just the vip sections and by setting the usergroup permissions to NotSet( NO ), deny's them access to everything.

I do not want to take away the registered permissions to all forums thow, Just the vip sections and by setting the usergroup permissions to NotSet( NO ), deny's them access to everything.

Then setup permissions for the individual forum.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Creating a private forum

Because of the way Revoke works in xenForo you shouldn't use it to restrict a private forum. Instead you should use a special feature in xenForo called Private node. You will see the Private node checkbox when editing the permissions for a specific node. This basically inverts the permissions so that you can specify Allowed groups instead of Revoked groups. This is actually better for group management if you add more groups later.

Admin CP -> Users -> Node Permissions -> [click Permissions for a forum] -> Private node

Top Bottom