1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo News Feed (adding recent activity to a different place)

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Cryptaline, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

On each page refresh Recent activity is hidden (first screen)
    I want to dispay it always. (second screen)

Question is, which template I'm missing.

Right now I'm using templates from news_feed_page_global:
    and it looks like this (right-top corner):

and thats how i want to display it:

Attached Files:

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How exactly is this implemented? Which template is including the news_feed template? On which page?
  3. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

I'm using page_container to dispay news feed on all pages.
    This looks like this:

cusom header body hook then I'm adding this code to the place where i want to display it & body templates after:

I know i need to add smth above news_feed_end to show all recent activity without clicking on a "news_feed_end" but can not find template whic will help to do so :coffee:
  4. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

I ve added this in to my own div class so there are no other connected templates to news_feed template. If we will "delete" all my custom ids & classes, <xen:hook name="body"> will be above news_feed template only.
  5. Jake Bunce

Something custom then? There are normally no news feed items available in the container. You would need an addon for this.
  6. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

I mean,

Which template recent activity stream using to display all news without clicking on smth like "load older" etc, e.g http://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/

(its already there and you don;t need to click on anything to take a looks on a recent activity of users)
  7. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

Changing code to:

gives only result which you can see on the first screen. By some reason it wont to show <xen:include template=" news_feed " /> content which looks like this:

I will really apreciate any adea/tip why it's showing only

and don't want to show
  8. Jake Bunce

9. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

Could you say why? I just need smth to start with :coffee:
  10. Jake Bunce

Because the news feed items are not available to the container. You need to create a listener for the container_public_params event to add the news items as one of the params. That will allow you to display the news_feed in the container.
  11. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

12. Cryptaline

Cryptaline Active Member

Jake Bunce likes this.